Hello RMA... is anybody out there ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by venkatbo, Jan 15, 2014.

1. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

Folks,

I filed an RMA request for my UDOO-Quad with ticket # 763402. We are into the 4th week since reporting and still no sign of a meaningful response, other than the one acknowledgement that it is being looked into !

I was one of the original 4000+ Kickstarter backers but sad to say, got a DOA Quad and hence useless from Day 1. UDOO is neither responding to multiple requests on the RMA ticket (+ forums) nor addressing the issue by itself. Feels like UDOO cared more for my support and $ back then in early 2013, but could care less after shipping a (DOA) board in late Oct. 2013 :x

In the 3+ weeks since reporting, Delba & Ms. Natascha once said they are looking into it, but NOTHING tangible has happened since ! I realize folks are busy, but 3+ weeks of inaction is ridiculous... Would UDOO ever send someone a Quad and charge them 3+ weeks later ? Hell no ! But, why then are you doing this to me ?

Don't tell me there is so much of an RMA backlog that you cannot ship me my replacement. Either way, your INACTION and total DISREGARD for paying customers with DOA boards, does not bode well for UDOO and its future !

Can SOMEONE pl. respond immly and give me a DATE when my replacement QUAD/BT 4.0 dongle set will be shipped. If new orders can be shipped in a couple days, why is my RMA replacement in the 4th week with no sign of life. Half a dozen updates to the above ticket and posts in forums is not resulting in any update/shipment.

Eagerly awaiting a timely positive update...

Thanks,
    /venkat
    PS: Forum members - Sorry for the spam - but 'am just following the advice of UDOO to post in forums and on the ticket to elicit a "quick" response. Have no recourse...

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

venkatbo, we're processing your request in our ticketing system, please wait for the reply. Sorry for the delay, we hope to be able to manage your RMA in a couple of days.

3. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

Come on UDOO... Service is beyond reproach.
    It's the 4th working day already... into the 4th week of filing ticket... Still no news...

If a replacement board can't be shipped in a couple days, then please refund my money back and let me know where I can mail the dead quad.

/venkat

4. delba

venkatbo, i took care of your RMA, we're going to ship all the items asap. Sorry again for this huge delay.

5. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

On 21st they said within a few hours I should hear of shipping confirmation...
    Its 2 days since, still no news of shipment.

If I don't hear about the shipping confirmation by Friday 5PM PST, I will pursue the next course of action. SECO is not leaving me with an option...

Its a shame I will have to look at another board for my work. UDOO is a capable board, but the business practices suck.

thanks,
    /venkat
    PS: Delba, thanks for all your efforts but as a designer, I think this should not be an issue you need to deal with. The RMA folks need to be totally responsible here, especially when they have the ticketing system. They have not responded once, on their won, to the ticket. Utterly iirresponsible and unprofessional of them.

6. chnyc

chnyc New Member

Venkat:

For FWIW (and the purposes of commiseration), I found that UDOO's ticketing/support system is abysmal, too. So bad, that I've been hesitant to order a second board for a project that really requires it, and peripherals (camera, etc.) that I'd like to get but fear the shipping morass and unprofessional responses that come from whoever's in charge of the troubleticket/support team.

My story:

1) I ordered a Dual and purchased it via the Paypal option with a US shipping address
    2) Immediately upon making the payment, I saw that PayPal used the wrong delivery address for me
    3) I immediately contacted UDOO via their ticketing system to tell them the problem
    4) I simultaneously scrambled to find some means of contacting a live person -- anything breathing -- with UDOO or Seco to tell them about the wrong address. No such luck. No such number in the USA to call a live person. Boy, they'd better work on this part fast...
    5) 24 hours after I submitted my ticket, here was the verbatim response: "This is the right place to make this request. There is no problem we will correct your shipping address."
    6) Great, right? Nope. I quickly responded to their response and asked for an ETA for a new delivery or suggestion for getting the wrong delivery re-shipped.
    7) No response to this query.
    8) Three days after my unanswered follow up ETA question, the Dual was delivered... to the wrong address!
    9) Within an hour of learning about the wrong delivery via UPS, I immediately contacted support and filed another ticket (same thread) asking for their plan to fix the delivery problem.
    10) 12 hours later, I got a reply from your customer care saying they would get back to me with an answer.
    11) So, I contacted customer care immediately upon seeing this reply, and asked them for more information since they STILL didn't respond with an answer or suggested solution. Just vague "we'll get back to you."
    12) I waited ANOTHER 24 hours to hear from customer care and received no response or suggested solution. So, I sent another email requesting a plan for getting the shipment.
    13) Three days...THREE DAYS after this last query, your team decided to answer my question by basically telling me to figure it out myself since the device was already delivered (to the wrong address), and now it was my problem to solve. That's right, it was my problem now.

Not once in any of their replies did anyone apologize for inconveniencing me. Not once did anyone suggest a plan of action. And no one's even bothered to find out if I ever got my board.

UDOO team: You've designed a really compelling product that a lot of people are rightfully excited about. Your engineers and designers are doing some outstanding and exciting work. But if you don't support your products -- and that doesn't just mean tech and community support (viz., the fun stuff) -- with the other (less fun) parts of a business like fulfillment, delivery, etc., then you've got a long row to hoe.

Since your business decision was to not have any kind of telephone support or live customer interaction, your online support for orders should be professional and prompt. It is neither.

I'd love to see some kind of acknowledgement that your current support system is a real problem, that management's aware of it, and is working on improving it. Otherwise, it's going to be difficult to recommend you to my friends and fellow Makers and engineersin NYC and SF.

Thanks for your attention.

7. delba

venkatbo, your items will be shipped today. You'll receive a reply with the TN in the ticket area.

8. delba

chnyc, first of all we’re very sorry about the big delay you’re experiencing. Unfortunately there was a problem with the courier, he confirmed us that the address had been successfully changed (he was wrong obviously). This error plus the christmas break caused the huge delay. We’ll send you a new board using the right address right away!

You’ll receive further communication in your opened ticket.

Best Regards

9. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

Just got notification of UPS tracking #. Will ship the dead UDOO as soon as I get the new board.
    Thanks for following up with the RMA folks.

/venkat

10. chnyc

chnyc New Member

Thank you for taking care of this, Delba.
    Charles

11. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

Hi Delba,

I just got the replacement UDOO-quad - thanks.
    But I have not gotten the RAM ticket printout/pdf, for me to return the old non-working quad.
    Also, shouldn't the RMA folks be sending me the prepaid UPS shipping label too, as it was not my fault that the original board was dead/non-functional/will-not-boot right from the day it first arrived.

I updated the ticket, but just letting you know... in case you need to follow up.

thanks,
    /venkat

12. chnyc

chnyc New Member

Hi Delba,

I hate to bother you with this since I know it's not your job. However... I haven't, yet, received any notification from the shipper that the package is en route. Can you give me an ETA for the delivery, especially since it's now 5 days since the last update from UDOO?

Thank you.
    Charles

13. delba

venkat,

we replied to you using the Ticket. I'll paste the reply here:

"we have instructed UPS to pick up the package, so they will surely come. In case they need further documentation they will advise and we will provide all the necessary."

14. delba

I saw the UDOO CustomerCare already replied to you ;) Btw the items are on their way and you'll receive the TN asap.