How to enable graphics?

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Xykon, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Xykon

Xykon Member

Hello,

I got my udoo neo kit today, I flashed the provided SD Card and I can access via the USB connection.

How do I enable graphics? I tried both the supplied screen and the HDMI cable but no luck with both. I tried to get to the configuration website but it only complains about "Unexpected error during keyboard layout change. Please, try again." and I can't get any further.

I looked at the documentation but I cannot see any info how to turn on the supplied screen or how to switch on the HDMI output.

2. JJIA

JJIA New Member

Me too, I've just received mine today and I got the following:

* Udoobuntu 2beta3 works, I can tell by using the direct USB connection method to my laptop, which has the kernel module that supports the combined USB network interface, mass storage device and I was able to get in through VNC.
    * There is no output on a HDMI computer monitor that can do 1680x1050. No "no signal" warning is shown on the monitor, which is odd for something that is not working. There is only a black screen that doesn't let the display go to sleep...
    * There is no output on a FHD tv set. Oddly enough, just like it happens with the monitor, the screen does show in black, without any warning of "no signal". I guess there is indeed a signal, only that the tv and the monitor don't seem to support the screen size that the udoo neo could be displaying. But again, there is no error shown on the tv, only a pitch black screen.
    * There is no output on the LVDS screen. All the configuration guides that I can find are meant for the other udoo variants, dual/quad, but not the neo. For example, they assume that one can update kernel and modules, when actually, there is no such option for udoo neo.
    * I also experience the inability of the web interface of setting any non-US keyboard layout. This doesn't seem to be an issue for VNC connections however, since the keys are sent through without any regard for the actual keyboard layout. For example, while a Spanish keyboard has "ñ", when US layout is used, a ":" appears instead when "ñ" is pressed. In this case, when pressing "ñ" in a terminal in my VNC session, a "ñ" appears regardless of the US-only keyboard layout.

I'm running out of ideas here.

3. peter87

peter87 New Member

How do I get the touchscreen to work? (udoo neo; 7' lvds)

4. Imthiaz Rafiq

Imthiaz Rafiq New Member

Hello All,

If any one figure out how to make it work with NEO, please post it here..

Thanks
    Imthiaz

5. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Dear folks,
    likely it's not the screen you got the problem with: this Saturday we uploaded a corrupted image. We then substitued it, but you may have the previous corrupted image. Please check the SHA-1 and eventually reflash it.

6. peter87

peter87 New Member

7. Andrea Rovai

Could someone confirm that after substituting the image and following the guide it works?

JJIA likes this.
  8. Xykon

Xykon Member

It worked for me. Thanks.

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  9. JJIA

JJIA New Member

Beta5 works Ok both in LVDS7 (including touch input) and HDMI 1080p following kind advice from peter87, obviously not the two at the same time. Thanks a lot man!

Only the lxde desktop seems to not be very stable. The desktop icons disappear from time to time and the launchers in the panel at the bottom become unresponsive at the same time. Also squeak, which I don't know much at all yet, seems to create a stale symlink in the home directory.
    /home/udooer/squeak -> /home/udooer/.squeak
    /home/udooer/.squeak/My <something>
    /home/udooer/.squeak/*.sources (yes it's actually a literal "*", you need to escape it in order to delete it, for example) ->
    -> ... /tmp (I'm a bit at a loss here, but I'll try to figure out something more about this software, it's not a priority)

Spanish keyboard can be easily configured as well :) Next time I'll try some Arduino tutorials.

Big thank yous to the developers for this beautiful product.

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  10. Andrea Rovai

Hi there, actually the resolution is 720p, not 1080p