How to install CP210x VCP driver on Udoo QUAD?(SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by robotdream, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robotdream

robotdream New Member

I have downloaded the VCP DRIVER (for linux 3.X.X) from Silab http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/page ... ivers.aspx.
    When I make the file, it told me :"/lib/moduiles/3.0.35/build: No such file or directory.stop"
    The file "/lib/moduiles/3.0.35/build" is linked to "/home/udoo/udoo-dev-export/linux-3.0.35-QUADMO-iMx6" which is of cource not exist on my Udoo system.

So anyone can tell me where to find "linux-3.0.35-QUADMO-iMx6" or how to compile the VCP driver on the UDOO in details?
    Thanks in advance!

2. robotdream

robotdream New Member

How to install CP210x VCP driver on Udoo QUAD?

figured out by myself.
    1. download the kernel source and compile on the X86 pc following the pdf manual "udoo starting manual "
    2. select the cp210x driver as "M" in the step of "make ARCH=arm menuconfig"
    3. after compiling, you can find the cp210x.ko in the folder "driver/usb/serial" path
    4. copy cp210x.ko to the udoo file system: /lib/modules/<kernel-version>/kernel/drivers/usb/serial
    5. run "insmod /lib/modules/<kernel-version/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/cp210x.ko" in the terminal, the module will be loaded

DONE!

3. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Ok i’m closing the topic then

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.