I2C access from Linux?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by markAtUMR, Dec 4, 2013.

1. markAtUMR

markAtUMR New Member

I have a TMP102 sensor connected to SCL/SDA (not SCL1/SDA1 since those are not actually connected to the i.Mx6).

Figuring that it might be similar to the Raspberry Pi (which I've worked with I2C a little), I used apt-get to install i2c-tools and ran:
    Code:
    sudo i2cdetect -y 1

I can see two devices on that, but neither is at address 0x49 which is what the TMP102 is set to be at.

I am assuming that I do not need to do any of the other type of module/kernel configuration that is done for the Raspberry Pi:

http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-ras ... guring-i2c

Should I expect to be able to see the TMP102 from Linux on the UDOO?

It looks like according to the UDOO Starting manual (beta) that I might need to modify board_mx6_seco_UDOO.c to change the mode of those two pins from GPIO. However, the kernel source hasn't been installed in the udoo_quad_ubuntu1204_v2.0 image.

I ran Synaptic and it has packages for the 3.2 kernel, but 'uname -a' shows that the UDOO is running 3.0 of the Linux kernel, so that doesn't seem like the right source.

Lastly, are there any special steps for installing the kernel on the UDOO if I find the correct source, or are the steps the same as the standard steps?