Is there a problem with the Ubuntu quad image?

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by daveculp, Apr 7, 2015.

1. daveculp

daveculp UDOOer

I just got my Udoo today and tried to make an Ubuntu disk image. I am very experienced in writing disk images to an SD card as I have many single board computers.

It appears the download links found here http://www.udoo.org/getting-started/ may be corrupted. I downloaded on my Windows 7 machine and my Mac machine. Both fail to unzip the archive. On the Windows machine it claims that it needs another 798PB of space (yes, peta bytes)!! On the Mac machine it turns it into a .cpgz file (UDOObuntu_quad_v1.0.zip.cpgz). Using the Mac terminal and manually trying to unzip the file results in the following message:

Archive: /Users/dwculp/Downloads/UDOObuntu_quad_v1.0.zip
    warning [/Users/dwculp/Downloads/UDOObuntu_quad_v1.0.zip]: 76 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
    (attempting to process anyway)
    error [/Users/dwculp/Downloads/UDOObuntu_quad_v1.0.zip]: reported length of central directory is
    -76 bytes too long (Atari STZip zipfile? J.H.Holm ZIPSPLIT 1.1
    zipfile?). Compensating...
    skipping: UDOObuntu_quad_v1.0.img need PK compat. v4.5 (can do v2.1)

note: didn't find end-of-central-dir signature at end of central dir.
    (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
    appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)

I downloaded the image from both the sourceforge site and the European mirror and get the same errors.

Any ideas?

2. daveculp

daveculp UDOOer

I got it working! I didn't realize I needed to use 7Zip.

3. jkorten

jkorten New Member

My experience is also that you can only burn the image on the micro SD card through the windows application. The Linux one does not produce a bootable image. Has anybody else run in to this?

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Dear jkorten, could you please detail your problem? So we can better help you.

5. jkorten

jkorten New Member

Ciao Andrea,

Not sure what to say, I followed the instructions listed to create the image on my laptop when booted as linux. I did discover a bad micro-sd carrier in the kit I received from Mouser. Perhaps I need to run the "burn" procedure again using a known good micro-sd carrier (the one for my FIIO player) and I will post again. However, my associate ran into the same problem with different equipment as well.

I will report back.

Jerry