Keep arduino 101 running while braswell or OS is off

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by spinxz, Apr 23, 2017.

1. spinxz

spinxz New Member

Hi

When I load the Arduino Blink example onto the 101 it works fine until I shutdown the operating system. Turning off the OS/Braswell also stops the Arduino 101 from running (also for suspend to ram/disk).

How can I keep the sketch running while the system is off or sleeps? This would be necessary in case I want to wake up the OS from the Arduino...

2. x1800MODMY360x

x1800MODMY360x Member

It must be a setting in the bios.

3. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Per current schematics, Intel Braswell SoC has a (software driven) signal output: Curie_Reset#.
    This will lead to a small hardware block performing the actual Curie RESET action (same behavior as pushing the Curie Reset button.)

There is also another signal Curie_Pwr_EN coming out of the STM32 microcontroller which can turn on or off the power supplies (3v3 and 5C) of the Arduino 101.

ccs_hello

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  5. spinxz

spinxz New Member

I agree that it should be in the bios. As mentioned it could be related to the
    Curie Reset on PowerON bios setting which is needed because of the 101 firmware bug. I wonder why there is no setting to independently control when the Arduino is running...

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

You have to put OS/Braswell to sleep to S3/S4/S5 sleep state as mentioned in the docs. Arduino 101 should keep running in those states. Then you can wake the Braswell up again from Arduino.
    But only if you set the power options in bios/UEFI right as mentioned in the documentation.

ccs_hello likes this.
  7. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

diglo and waltervl like this.