Mame

Discussion in 'Application & Utilities' started by maded2, Nov 30, 2013.

1. maded2

maded2 New Member

hi,
    Anyone got Mame running on the UDOO? I've downloaded and compiled the latest version of AdvanceMAME. But having issue getting the Hardware accelerated video working. It does work inside X11 using software rendering, but its too slow to play anything.

any ideas?

eddie

2. maded2

maded2 New Member

I recompiled everything again today using the latest Ubuntu 12 release for Quad UDOO. Inside X windows the AdvanceMAME works but very slowly. Outside X Window, I can't determine a "device_video_clock" settings that works with UDOO. I've also tried advcfg to determine the video config, but without success.

Anyone, know of a good "device_video_clock" setting?

thanks in advance

3. cognitivegears

cognitivegears New Member

I've been running into the same trouble. Inside X11 AdvanceMAME should be using SDL, which should be hardware accelerated? Outside X I've had the same problems with advcfg and video configuraiton, as well as very bad audio (stuttering, several seconds delayed) even when I can find a video setting that works for some games.

As a side note, I have been able to get MAME working with the UDOO by using MAME4DROID on Android. Games run great at 100% frame rate with perfect audio, etc. Unfortunately that has other limitations that keep it from being a solution for me (no screen flip, Android on UDOO not supporting analog audio output, limitations to startup on boot.)

Any suggestions as to how to improve performance on Linaro Ubuntu using X11, good video/audio settings outside X, or steps that can be taken to research further?