Neo' Cortex-M4 with GCC libraries and Visual Studio instead of Arduino?

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by bird, Jan 12, 2021.

1. bird

bird New Member

Hello, I just started learning about i.MX6 series and found this interesting NEO board . I have a project nearly completed based on Cortex-M7 MCU which I want to migrate to the dual core SoC to split my project into Linux app and real time co-processor.
    All documentation for NEO co-processor is done only for Arduino. I want to make development of the Cortex-M4 co-processor using GCC toolchain, libraries for the M4 co-processor, BSP libraries to access peripherals and I prefer to use Visual Studio.
    Can somebody point me to the steps "how to" develop this way on this board? Where can I get C libraries for this chip Cortex-M4 peripherals and also for the board specific peripherals? Concerning the M4 core I need I2C, PWM, timers, quadrature capture, ADC conversion with interrupt (and if available, DMA for ADC results transfer) and GPIO read/write.
    Is it possible to use Segger JLink debugger with this board to debug M4 core firmware? How? Is there SWD/JTAG connection for embedded ARM on-chip core debug?
    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Vlad