Panel & Camera notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lifeboat_Jim, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Rob/Mike

These notes (thanks Delba) will help you explore the presents:

Camera:
    Overlay the output from the camera onto the desktop (full screen: gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc ! mfw_v4lsink
    Output the camera to a window: gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink

You may get wacky windowed results at low-res (1366x768), but work fine at high-res (fine at 1920x1200).

Panels:

Linux 15.6":

setenv mmcargs setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} ${hdmi_patch} fbmem=24M video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,1366x768M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32

Android 15.6":

setenv bootargs console=ttymxc1,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,1366x768M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:eek:ff video=mxcfb2:eek:ff fbmem=28M vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc1 androidboot.hardware=freescale mem=1024M

Linux 7":

setenv mmcargs setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} ${hdmi_patch} fbmem=24M video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-WVGA,if=RGB666,bpp=32

Android 7":

setenv bootargs console=ttymxc1,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-WVGA,if=RGB666,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:eek:ff video=mxcfb2:eek:ff fbmem=28M vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc1 androidboot.hardware=freescale mem=1024M

Note: You may prefer to use editenv EG 'editenv mmcargs' and then just overtype. 'saveenv' and 'boot' to finish off.

Although I've had my parcel a few days now I've only spent a little while playing so far... just the basics really.

Matteo: Is it too late to do anything about the LVDS cable bundled with the 15.6" Panel? It's going to cause issues due to it's flimsiness I think.

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

thanks for starting this... so due to my ignorance on this topic, let me ask a few questions... so the UDOO wont boot up and display the video to the LVDS screen just by booting it with it plugged in (presumably without an HDMI Monitor).

So to get it to work you have interrupt the boot process via serial console cable and run that the applicable command in the uboot section?

Assuming that's the case, are the commands you listed exactly what to run?
    sometimes things in { } are meant to be set to something specific, but in thise case " ${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} ${hdmi_patch}"
    i have no clue what those might be..

so i want to start with the 7" on Linux.. was going to start with Debian on my quad since that is what i have setup already but can re-image to Ubuntu 12 if needed.

3. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

ok so i finally got everything onpacked properly and on the desk and i went for just using the command as is

Code:
    >setenv mmcargs setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} ${hdmi_patch} fbmem=24M video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-WVGA,if=RGB666,bpp=32

>boot
    and it worked, the systemd booted up to the display, but the touch doesnt work.
    I know there are extra cables, i 'only' have the LVDS plugged in for the 7" but i dont see any other open plugs on the display panel to even use. The info page says its I2C so not sure how to get it connected. just dont see anything open on the back...

Anyways, for now im going to work on some more testing