power drop after abt 10 mins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DracoLlasa, Dec 27, 2013.

1. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

i have been working to revise my power usage data with the new 12.04 OS and also add the numbers for the UDOO Dual core board.

In my testing i accidentally found that if you leave the board for 10 minutes (give or take) the current drops
    Its not purely dur to being 'idle' cause i ran some commands and it didnt go up, i also loaded up a core and when i returned it to idle it was at the lower value. If it was just going into a idle power save mode, when i loaded the CPU up it should have come out and then idled at the higher current.

I dont recall this with the Ubuntu 11 image, but i may have not notices as that testing went pretty fast.

Was wondering if the UDOO guys or anyone else would have an explanation

Example, working now with the UDOO Dual board (noted the same on the quad):
    After the boot process, the system settles and using 12.33v input, the device will settle at 207mA / 2.59W
    Then after waiting roughly 10 minutes that drops for 207mA /2.59W to 171mA / 2.17w
    Its not a huge jump but has shown to drop each time i wait (still validating the "10 minutes")

I will also re-flash an SD card with Ubuntu 11 to see if its new with Ubuntu 12 or not

Note test condition was my first line item
    - No WIFI, No USB devices, No HDMI, only power and Serial output.

2. EBrown

EBrown New Member

Did you have a sketch running on the SAM3X? If not there could be some power saving feature there that shuts the CPU down if there are no operations after n minutes, n being 10 in this case.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
    EBrown

3. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

i dont have anything running on the SAM3X, so maybe its related..