Quad wireless chipset information

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stomatocode, Jan 18, 2014.

1. stomatocode

stomatocode New Member

Hi,

So after much searching and after having finally gotten Archlinux ARM to boot and able to install packages, I'm looking around for a way to enable the wireless, and I'm coming up short in my search for what the chipset of the wireless module is for this board. Need this information for driver search. Can an admin/engineer please make this information available, or better yet, provide a resource for sourcing and configuring the wireless module for Arch?

Thanks in advance.

2. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

What do you see if you run:
    Code:
    lspci | grep Network
    or
    Code:
    lspci | grep Controller
    ?
    One of the lines should reflect the wifi chipset info. You may see info for the onboard ethX. may also want to check out the output of:
    Code:
    ifconfig
    /venkat

3. stomatocode

stomatocode New Member

Hi, thanks for replying. Turned out that ip link functioned the second time I booted the board, so was able to configure wireless with Wicd. However, now a moot point since Arch is no longer booting and I can't tell if it's a hardware issue (the whole board got painfully-hot to the touch while performing tasks in root shell), or if Arch is simply broken in some way I cannot yet comprehend. In any case, I am abandoning the distro and am looking for a different OS approach.