Questions about UDOO from newbie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fasteria, Mar 4, 2015.

1. fasteria

fasteria New Member

Hello UDOO community!

I want to find a computer for my vending machine (I want to replace original controller). I've tried raspberry pi, but it's performance is not enough (b+ can't run a browser in the normal speed). This is list of my seldom requirements:

1) It should has pins to connect to the mdb protocol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multidrop_bus & other stuff through gpio.
    2) Good performance. There will be a display with browser showing rails application running. I've tried a raspberry pi B+, but it's too slow (it can't run even a browser with speed like usual laptop pc).
    3) Custom video output. Sometimes I need to show to display with the FullHD(1920x1080), sometimes I need to show at 768x1024 (yes, the computer should simply rotate video output)
    4) I don't want to connect microcomputer to display directly, not through HDMI, DVI or something like this. (This is not required, but very desirable).

Does these requirements fits to udoo quad or dual?
    What can you say me about it?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

P.S. Duplication of this question at robotics.stackoverflow: http://robotics.stackexchange.com/quest ... the-board/

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there and welcome!
    1) according to a fast research I did you could use a SATA connector instead, but I totally don't know anything of MDB so don't trust me :D
    2) our browser is faster than the raspberry pi browser. Obviously is not a laptop with an i7 processor, but you can't expect from a single board computer that it works like a laptop.
    3) for the custom video outpot it could be done but not by default: you have to program it to do it.
    4) you can't have the output video on a display without HDMI. Could you be more specific about your requests? I do not understand it completely. For example, you can connect it by mirroring through an external computer using VNC, but I really need other clues to be sure I've answered your questions.