ROS Kinetic Desktop on Bolt running Distro

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by MarkMMullin, Mar 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. MarkMMullin

MarkMMullin New Member

Yes, I know I can't just download this. :-(

For various reasons this is the best opening move for me. I admit I might be forced to adjust my targets.

Desktop is critically important, visualization is one of the central reasons the Bolt was added to the mix.
    Right now I've had to move the class_loader, pluginlib, and therefore a bunch of qt stuff out of the build because they have nasty problems. This of course is bad for visualization and therefore bad for Bolt.

I'm wondering if there are others in the same situation. Udoo has addressed ROS, but its' a bit dated and obviously piecemeal. I'm not faulting them, ROS is the one of the greatest walking talking monsters in the software world.

I am in the position that I first have to build the basic ROS desktop on the Bolt, which means after removing a few git ID's and ssh keys, I have no problem releasing the image. Can't promise exactly what the configuration would be, but would gladly share the disk image with any like minded individuals that can add to this thread when I whine about being stuck again. :)