Running QT3D examples on UDOO Quad

Discussion in 'Application & Utilities' started by ivan.stojanovic, Jan 21, 2014.

1. ivan.stojanovic

ivan.stojanovic New Member

Hi guys,

I am trying to run QT3D on Udoo Quad. I followed Nat's instructions (http://www.udoo.org/qt-3d-with-opengl-es-2-0/) on how to compile QT5 (including QT3D). I successfully compiled and deployed it, but I'm now having difficulties running QT3D examples. Almost two months ago, Natalia K. wrote that article and mentioned that "HOWTO" will be created soon. When can we expect it?

Thanks,
    Ivan

2. Nat

Nat New Member

Hi Ivan,

We will try our best to get the tutorial done in the end of the February.
    Meanwhile, some tips for troubleshooting...
    To debug plugin issues you can do "export QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1" in command line and check the logs printed.
    Use ldd command <path to qt>/plugins/platforms/libqeglfs.so to control which libraries are in use,
    perhaps you have to create a symbolic link that points to a correct library (using ln -s command).
    Check this library links:
    (EGL uses framebuffer backend)
    libEGL.so -> libEGL-fb.so
    libGAL.so -> libGAL-fb.so
    libEGL.so.1 -> libEGL-fb.so

Nat

3. ivan.stojanovic

ivan.stojanovic New Member

Hi Nat,

Thank you for your answer.

I managed to run it after setting the symbolic links correctly, even though it took me some time since I saw your instructions after I solved it :(

The other problem I have is compiling QT5 in general. Whenever I change something (e.g. different configuration), I always face a bunch of new errors. I didn't have such problems when I compiled QT4 (tested it with two different processors), so, I am looking forward to the tutorial :)

Regards,
    Ivan