SATA Issues and uboot

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Corry Lazarowitz, May 21, 2015.

1. Corry Lazarowitz

Corry Lazarowitz New Member

I finally managed to get my system booting off the SATA drive with the latest image.....sort-of
    Heres the problem. If uboot even touches the sata drive, the drivers fail to ever load. Nothing about ahci, I get scsi subsystem initialized, libata initialized, then no sata disk. Then the waiting for /dev/sda1 forever

After more troubleshooting than should ever have been necessary, I found that if I did a sata init sata dev 0 ext2load sata 0:1 0x12000000 /boot/uImage bam, dead. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, go straight to udoo jail. If however, I allowed it to load the kernel from the SD card, but said root is /dev/sda1 once it gets past the kernel init, the rest loads from the sata drive, its the root fs, SD Card is mounted in /media, etc. Everything as it should be. So my quick fix was this
    Code:
    setenv mmcboot 'echo booting mmc sata hybrid; run sataargs; bootm;'
    saveenv
    reset

Obviously this could be made more robust, but I was just looking to see if I could get the sata drive to be my root fs and mostly boot from it, so that's enough for me.

Devs: Figure out what's going on. I don't have a lot of experience with embedded Linux or uboot. Hopefully this is enough information to point straight to the problem that needs fixing....although as software engineers, we all know, its never that simple :)