Set Fixed IP address Eth0

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Lieven, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Lieven

Lieven New Member

Hi,

I'm an Arduino-guy making first steps into the Pi world but I got some old-rusty basic Unix experience :)
    My goal was to set a fixed IP address on the Ethernet port.
    I tried to change the etc/networking/interfaces but the Udooer user got no write permissions to change the file. Chmod commands nether work (I'll assume I need root privileges).
    Anyone got an idea how to set a fix IP address?

thanks in advance,
    Lieven

2. JackSilb

JackSilb Active Member

Hi Lieven,

Try ubuntu as the root password. It worked on mine.

I found it googling root password for Udoo NEO. I landed on ome info for the other Udoo boards. I just tried on Neo and it worked.

Thanks,
    -Jack
    p.s. are you making the first steps into the Pi world or Udoo world like us ;-)

Lieven likes this.
  3. Lieven

Lieven New Member

super (user), Jack! That did the trick.

Udoo world, Pi world, at this moment it is still hazy to me but the fog is slowly disappearing. Unix power on an Arduino (or vice versa) seems to be an awesome combination.

It is a start of a new journey, I know the destination but the road ahead is unknown.
    I build a wireless network using Arduino’s using nRF24L01+ chips. This would replace the central node (there is only one post on the nRF24 but it didn't looks promising). It also should provide me extra functionalities like logging (using rrdtool/cati) etc, while maintaining Blynk (mobile app integration) and RF24Network library.
    We’ll see how it works out…

Regards,
    Lieven