Small screen/resolution

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by crsytalwall, Aug 18, 2014.

1. crsytalwall

crsytalwall New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project that would require a small 2.6/2.8 inch touchscreen with 320x240 resolution...there are a number of gpio screens like this available for the Pi but i tried a few and didn't get them to work on my udoo quad. Seeing that the board supports 'large' LVDS touchscreens, is there a way of porting these Pi screens to the udoo without having change the Earth's direction? :p or maybe do you know of any upcoming support for smaller screens and lower resolutions for the udoo dev side?

cheers and thanks :)

2. mkopack

mkopack Member

Anything for the Arduino GPIO pins should work PROVIDED it's designed to work on 3.3V (not the 5V that Arduinos such as the Uno or Leonardo work at.)

3. crsytalwall

crsytalwall New Member

Yeah I know I have the possibility to connect a screen on the sam3x-side, but I'd like to make it work on the imx6-side...I THINK what's keeping me is that the screen's onboard driver references some particular RasPi GPIO pin numbers which on the UDOO simply don't exist...don't think you can change those can you?

4. mkopack

mkopack Member

I don't follow what you mean... Onboard driver? If it's on the screen side of the connection, it shouldn't matter... You WILL have to write code on the Linux (Imx) side to talk to it and push data to it... It's not just going to magically work...

If you mean that there's some sort of driver library included to make it work on the Arduino (SAM) side normally, then you'll have to somehow reverse engineer that code to make it work off the iMX6 and linux, and yeah, you'll probably have to do some sort of translation or mapping to get the appropriate pin numbers.