Solder Blob on SAM3X ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sled, Nov 20, 2013.

1. sled

sled New Member

Hi,

I've received my UDOO today and I discovered something that looks like a solder blob, shortening two pins on the SAM3X. Can you tell me if this is "normal" or not?

Thanks!

Simon

Attached Files:

2. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

I'd say 'not normal'

3. sled

sled New Member

As far as I can tell from the datasheet, it's the PIN 113 and PIN 114 which is PB0 and PB1.

The UDOO schematic labels PB0 and PB1 with BOOT_SD1 and BOOT_EMMC which definitely shouldn't be shorted afaik.

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

it is def not normal, i would suggest you submit a a support request here: http://www.udoo.org/support/contact-us/

its highly likely that will cause things to not work and it should get fixed. You can try and fix it yourself, but im sure UDOO guys will be willing to replace it once they go through their confirmation process on that sort of thing :)

They have proven to be very good and reliable about correcting these issues and replacing boards with such problems (though this is the first time im seeing this one)

5. sled

sled New Member

I just tried the default SD Linaro image and everything seemed to work even uploading an empty sketch to the arduino worked fine...