[SOLVED] New udoo quad no boot, no serial output

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Docdailey, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Docdailey

Docdailey New Member

Using supplied 12v 2a wall wart.

Green light solid

No activity otherwise

Hooked up to ubuntu box via serial.. Serial recognized. Minicom settings good.

Apply power...

Nothing on serial console.

Nothing on HDMI.

NO ETHERNET ACTIVITY.

Tried backup power supply (12v 2a). Same behavior.

Using Linaro 12.04

What now?

Doc

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Re: New udoo quad no boot, no serial output

sounds like you covered most of the basics...
    multiple power supplies, and try different SD cards
    i see you are trying the 12.04, but also try the Linaro image v1.3
    Seeing no serial output though may mean there is something wrong with the hardware.

Please also review this thread, as you are not the first to report such an issue, you may get more info here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=264

After trying these things i would just go right o opening a support request with the UDOO team, you can find a link to the customer care section in my signature

3. Docdailey

Docdailey New Member

I am trying to burn one more sd card. I have never had this many problems with a single board computer or microcontroller. I have odroids, pis and UNOs .

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

yea i understand the frustration, there has been some issues with a small number of boards that were shipped.. enough to where the UDOO team started an official thread to understand all the issues (the one i linked)

That said, if you actually have a bad board, they have been very good about getting it replaced for you.. so once you get the support ticket in they will take care of you.

5. Docdailey

Docdailey New Member

ok.. online with udoo now. I had a heck of a time getting a good sd image written. The images on the download page were unpacking in the petabyte range on windows machines. My OSX attempt apparently was corrupted. I finally got thei mages unpacked using 7zip from the command line. The gui stuff was unpacking huge. Not sure why. I suspect that may be some of the problem. Especially on board with steady green like mine. Reading through the support docs, I began to get the idea that my image was corrupt.. and it was.

Thanks for the help. I wish I wouldnt have burned so much time getting it up and running but such is life.

I would recommend using SDformatter first and then the recommended sdimager if using windows. I had tried to use native OSX disk tools and dd but it didnt fly.

Doc

6. andcmp

andcmp New Member

Glad to know is working now! :D

Just edited your post and added [SOLVED]