Spammer cleanup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mkopack, Jan 21, 2014.

1. mkopack

mkopack Member

Ok, caught a russian spammer flooding the forums and managed to turn off his account before he did TOO much damage (about 30 posts across all sorts of threads).

One thing, not sure if it's possible with this forums software, but is there a way to do a "Delete all posts by user"? That would certainly help clean up after these idiots attack... Especially when they manage to post a bunch before we catch them and lock them out.

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Yes, i usually delete the "user and all the posts" but it's a ACP command so only admin can perform the action. Please tell me the spammer username so i can get rid of him.

Thanks for turning off his account though ;)

3. mkopack

mkopack Member

I forget what his name was... He was putting up repeated posts in Russian (which I know some of, and used google translate to realize he was posting crap) often with pictures that had nothing to do with Udoo. At that point I decided he was just spamming and blocked him.

It was like 8pm US Eastern time, so I figured you guys were QUITE asleep at the time and just did the cleanup myself. In the future I'll do the block and then email you the user's name so you can do the cleanup.

4. delba

That's perfect, when you find a spammer block him and email me so i can get rid of his posts (as well as his account) thanks!

5. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

looks like we got hit again the other day.. i blocked a guy and cleaned up about 50 posts..
    at least its not an everyday thing :)

6. mkopack

mkopack Member

Agreed... It would be a LOT worse if it was daily or multiple accounts doing it all at once or a script just utterly flooding the forums in seconds. Thankfully it hasn't gotten to that point...

Real sad that it comes to having to deal with that sort of crap. Some people just can't leave things alone...

7. delba

They're very annoying :S Thanks Draco ;)

8. mkopack

mkopack Member

And we got hit again.... Louis Vitton must have one hell of a referral program!

I banned the following accounts and cleaned up after them. Thankfully they only did 1 post each...

rpabzrha2
    kdmwbyuf1
    npjsqgav1
    lbdwmvcr3

9. delba

K thanks again ;)