Support for TFAT or TexFAT file systems

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by marcello gallucci, Dec 12, 2018.

1. marcello gallucci

marcello gallucci New Member

Does the Udoo X86 offer support for TFAT or TexFAT file systems? My application is subject to sudden power loss so I need the Udoo to be able to handle this without corrupting the file system.

2. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

I would have thought this would be a function of the software you are running on the UDOO x86 rather than the hardware? The UDOO x86 is basically just a PC so software that supports these options on a normal PC would probably work on the UDOO x86. Is there any generally available software that supports these file systems?

3. marcello gallucci

I could be wrong, but as far as I understand, the operating system implements the TFAT file system (for example Windows), but it needs hardware drivers in order to work. The hardware manufacturer provides the drivers, this is why I posted the question.

4. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

I think you will be out of luck then (although it would be nice to be proved wrong) as UDOO do not provide any drivers as far as I know. They rely on the drivers already built into whatever OS you install.

5. marcello gallucci

According to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa916300.aspx , "TFAT requires a hardware-specific driver designed for the type of media on which the volume resides. The driver abstracts the media storage and provides atomic block operations". Could it be possible then that it is the hard disk manufacturer that provides this driver? Who provides the standard hard disk of the Udoo X86 models?

6. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

You do.