TCP - I/O - Video - Project Development Advice

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussion' started by Tronic, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Tronic

Tronic New Member

I try to explain briefly what I would like to achieve:
    read and send data over the ethernet TCP as sever / client (i would use the simple IOCP protocol)
    the data sent and received is used for I/O,
    but some will be plain text, and sent in full screen through the HDMI or better if I could achieve through a composite video.

I state that, I am a person with little experience, but I want to do all this.
    I would like some advice on the IDE program suitable for this type of application.
    Sorry if I said something not right.

Thanks.

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

im far from being able to give proper advice here, but i would suggest refining your question.
    to me its not very clear what you are looking for, do you want examples of this being done?
    have you already started and need help? if so lets get more detail

3. Tronic

Tronic New Member

I try to explain step by step.

Take and send data from ethernet.
    some information of the text to be displayed to an 5-inch TFT display.
    some data will control the I / O ports
    and some data will be taken from I / O ports, and sent back via ethernet.

I would like to be able to send text directly on the screen without having to go to a gui app.
    and manage the I / O having all the pre-programmed code in the chip with my code.

I wanted to take the UDOO because it seems to good to create projects, both complex and simple, and have a complete development platform.

Being a neophyte, I wanted to know if this was possible with the UDOO, and after that my code is ready, how to orient in order to achieve a production board.

sorry if you get bored.

4. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Yes that is all possible, indeed pretty much what the UDOO is designed for.

Connection to the outside world (in terms of Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth etc) is from the i.MX6 half.

Input or Output from the Pins can be done from either SAM3X8E or i.MX6 sides, but SAM3X8E is the usual choice as it's 'real time'

Information between the two CPU's is via internal UART (serial).

Displaying anything on a display is normally done on the i.MX6 side (HDMI or LVDS). You say you don't want a GUI, you could just output text via STD (IE Console mode). You can still do quite advanced things with Text mode, position, colour etc.

You could also put your Output out as web page(s) and serve those up as a web app (just install Apache or similar on the i.MX6 or on a remote server as suits your project).

Hope the above helps.