Udoo Advanced plus w. M2 SSD craches under Win10 & xUbuntu 16.04

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by PatrickDM, Dec 14, 2017.

1. PatrickDM

PatrickDM New Member

Hi,

I can provide additional info later on, but just a quick entry to check whether other people have observed the same ...

I was planning to start using the Udoo X86, and initially opted for Win10 ... While I had no issue booting from USB & start the installation (to the M2 SSD), once restarted & finishing the installation (i.e. running from SSD), at some (random) point the screen would freeze, showing a "scrambled" screen (i.e. lots of horizontal lines), with the Udoo blocked (i.e. requiring a reboot) ...
    I've redone the installation several times now, deleting all partitions (i.e. SSD & Emmc) and starting over again, but always with the same result ... at some point when Win10 is running from the SSD & finishing up the installation, downloading updates etc., the board would crash.

Eventually I gave up, and went for Xubuntu 64bit Rel. 16.4, and at least on this OS the installation completed, but then during use (approx. 20 minutes after install) I got the same crash ... garbled screen, frozen Udoo ...
    I'm ready to throw this expensive SBC in the trash ...

I understand there is not a lot of info here, but did anyone experience the same behavior at some point ?

Thanks & regards

Patrick

2. Triodefreak

Triodefreak Active Member

Hi Patrick, I have not used an SSD yet.

Perhaps there is something with the SSD driver? What SSD did you use?

3. Mangasora

Mangasora New Member

Make sure that the module is securely engaged.
    Check the module temperature during operation.
    Provide cooling if necessary.
    I use the udoo x86 ultra as a desktop PC with a m2 module without any problems.