UDOO - Asymmetric MultiProcessing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by udoode, Feb 17, 2015.

1. udoode

udoode New Member

Hi all,

I am looking for a development kit that supports an asymmetrical multiprocessing system configuration (linux + freeRTOS and/or linux + linux), in order to performe some performance studies as part of my Msc thesis.

Have anyone ever configured the udoo iMX6 as AMP, or knows how to do so? I haven't found any tutorial so far.

I'll be grateful for any help you may provide (unfortunatly I am a software developer, not properly an embedded systems developer).

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there UDOODE and welcome to the UDOO forum!
    What do you exactly mean by AMP?

3. udoode

udoode New Member

Hi Andrea. I m talking about Asymmetric MultiProcessing: running two (or more) operating systems systems at the same time. For instance, it would be great to be able to configure the UDOO freescale i.MX6 DualLite processor to run a normal linux in the core0 and a real-time OS (or even a baremetal software) in the core1.

I've read that hypervisor can be used to run 2 operating systems at the same time, but I don't think that it allocates a core for each OS.

I also believe that in the UDOO is possible to run a linux in the freescale processor and a freeRTOS in the SAM3X8E but thats not exaclty my goal.

you can check get concept in the following presentation: http://www.freescale.com/files/training ... lang_cd=en
    ( slides 8-10, ... hope there is no problem adding the link )

--
    Thank you

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member