Udoo BOLT: the sigh of a geisha

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by stecolumna, Dec 8, 2019.

1. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Finally, I also received the Udoo BOLT bought in Udoo Shop. I must say right away that I'm lucky because my fan is very sweet, like the sigh of a geisha.

Problems solved: At first it didn't give me the signal on the HDMI port, so I installed a USB-C to HDMI converter and finally gave me the video signal.

I installed the latest version of Manjaro with the 5.3.12-1 kernel which recognized all the peripherals including the M2 Wifi adapter, the M2 Transcend 256 GB disk.

After finishing the installation I was able to activate the HDMI port that now works regularly.

In one of the 2 USB-C ports I connected Udoo's USB-C HUB with the three USB 3.0 A ports by connecting a Logitech K120 keyboard with wire and a Logitech M 100 USB optical mouse with wire and a 4-port USB 3.0 Digicom HUB to which I connected an external Transcend USB 3.0 disk from 2TB.

I set up HPLIP to connect an HP Laserjet P1102W wifi printer and managed to print a sheet from LibreOffice Writer.

I installed Xsane and I could digitize a color image.

I installed 16x2 GB of RAM purchased in Udoo Shop. A little secret: there is no need to buy the screws for mounting the wifi kit because the screws themselves are already mounted on the Udoo BOLT board. Same thing for the M2 Nvme memory module fixing screw. Excellent choice of the manufacturer.

Impressions of use.
    Udoo BOLT is much faster than Udoo X 86 Ultra.

I was very impressed by the very high quality of the video card and its drivers. The brightness and sharpness of the screen are phenomenal.

Things to do:

- I have yet to purchase and install the M2 Nvme memory module. I have yet to try the multimonitor configuration.

- Make the brain of my robotic dog Baurora - caroguimus9 Robotic Dog Museum Guide for Children (and Adults) blind.

Meanwhile, I thank the brilliant inventors of Udoo BOLT for this new JSBC computer jewel on single card.

[italiano]
    Finalmente è arrivata anche a me la Udoo BOLT comprata in Udoo Shop. Devo dire subito che sono fortunato perché la mia ventolina è dolcissima, come il sospiro di una geisha.

Problemi risolti: All’inizio non mi dava il segnale sulla porta HDMI allora ho installato un convertitore USB-C to HDMI e finalmente mi ha dato il segnale video.

Ho installato l’ultima versione di Manjaro con il kernel 5.3.12-1 che ha riconosciuto tutte le periferiche incluso l’adattatore M2 Wifi, il disco M2 Transcend da 256 GB.

Dopo aver finito l’installazione ho potuto attivare la porta HDMI che ora funziona regolarmente.

In una delle 2 porte USB-C ho collegato l’HUB USB-C di Udoo con le tre porte USB 3.0 A collegando una tastiera Logitech K120 con filo e un mouse ottico USB Logitech M 100 con filo e un HUB USB 3.0 Digicom a 4 porte a cui ho collegato un disco USB 3.0 esterno Transcend da 2TB.

Ho effettuato il setup di HPLIP per collegare una stampante wifi HP Laserjet P1102W e sono riuscito a mandare in stampa un foglio da LibreOffice Writer.

Ho installato Xsane e sono riuscito a digitalizzare una immagine a colori.

Ho installato 16x2 GB di RAM acquistata in Udoo Shop.

Un piccolo segreto: non c’è bisogno di acquistare le viti per il montaggio del kit wifi perché le viti stesse sono già montate sulla scheda di Udoo BOLT. Stessa cosa per la vite di fissaggio del modulo di memoria M2 Nvme. Ottima scelta del costruttore.

Impressioni d’uso.

Udoo BOLT è molto più veloce di Udoo X 86 Ultra.

Sono rimasto MOLTO colpito dalla altissima qualità della scheda video e dei relativi driver. La luminosità e la nitidezza dello schermo sono fenomenali.

Cose da fare:

Devo ancora acquistare ed installare il modulo di memoria M2 Nvme. Devo ancora provare la configurazione in multimonitor.

Realizzare il cervello del mio cane robotico Baurora – caroguimus9 Cane Robotico Guida Museale per Bambini (e Adulti) non vedenti.

Intanto ringrazio i geniali inventori di Udoo BOLT per questo nuovo JSBC gioiello di computer su scheda singola.

waltervl and DJVT like this.
  2. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Udoo BOLT V 8 with 32 GB of RAM purchased in Udoo Shop.

Transcend 256 GB purchased in Udoo Shop and installed Manjaro KDE Plasma can support three monitors with three different work spaces using 2 HDMI and 1 USB-C to HDMI converter.

32 GB EMMC installed Ubuntu supports three monitors as above

SAMSUNG V-NAND SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M2 installed Debian KDE supports three monitors as above.

In the second USB-C port USB-C converter to USB 3.0 to which I have connected keyboard with cable and 2 USB 3.0 HUBs.

Very fast with Full HD 1920 x 1080 graphics at 60HzI'm very satisfied.

Thanks Udoo BOLT!

[italiano]

Udoo BOLT V 8 con 32 GB di RAM acquistata in Udoo Shop.

Transcend 256 GB acquistato in Udoo Shop ed installato Manjaro KDE Plasma riesce a supportare tre monitor con tre spazi di lavoro diversi usando 2 HDMI e 1 convertitore da USB-C ad HDMI.

EMMC da 32 GB installato Ubuntu supporta tre monitor come sopra

SAMSUNG V-NAND SSD 970 EVO NVMe M2 da 1TB installato Debian KDE supporta tre monitor come sopra.

SAMSUNG V-NAND SSD 860 QVO SATA da 1 TB installato Fedora KDE supporta tre monitor come sopra.

Nella seconda porta USB-C convertitore USB-C a USB 3.0 a cui ho collegato tastiera con cavo e 2 HUB USB 3.0.

Velocissima con grafica Full HD 1920 x 1080 a 60Hz

Sono molto soddisfatto.

Grazie Udoo BOLT !

Stefano Colonna

EduM and waltervl like this.
  3. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer