UDOO freeze with GPU tasks and microUSB OTG, not work.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flamenawer, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

I have total freeze and hot always that the GPU work. distros without GPU support no freeze and cold. All distro with GPU support, no freeze at start, I run glxgears, or glob app 3D bench, and total freeze. I change keyboard,mouse,memory cards,class 4 and 10;8,16 and 32GB(this not work),with swap on and off.
    I report this problem 4 month ago, but I thought that was a distro issue. Now I test all distro and all freeze. If udoo is cold and run glxgears, freeze and start heating. Distro with GPU support all night on, cold, run glxgears or glob, freeze,or chromium or firefox for few minutes, and freeze.(i think that flash videos or add activate the GPU) . With web browser freeze, at 3 or 10 minutes, but always freeze.

I supply power with official cable, and with battery power pack 10000mA with both,9V and 12V. Always freeze.

micro-USB, OTG conector on android (2nd for the left), not work, no power if I connect any hardware, pendrive,mouse,keyboard, nothing. I report this problem 5 month ago.

Anybody with the same problems?

Excuse my bad english.

2. MaximeC

MaximeC New Member

For your USB OTG problem, have you disconnected the SAM3X8E ? It's connected to the same pins as the OTG port, and you can use only one at the same time.
    I don't know if you have to do this (or even if you can disconnect it ?) on Android, but on Linux, you have to type this :

Code:
    su
    echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio203/value
    echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio128/value

3. arthur

arthur New Member

It seems the USB function of CN3 (OTG connector) is just USB client not USB host.
    Because the ID pin is floating.

4. stickman

stickman New Member

I just asked about this in another post I opened.

So, is what arthur says here true?

There is no way to use the USB OTG port as USB Host? Wow, that's really a design flaw :(

5. fetcher

fetcher Member

I posted a small kernel patch in the other forum thread here: http://www.udoo.org/forum/post11518.html#p11518
    to force the OTG controller into USB Host mode.

I'm suspecting the original design called for CN3's ID pin to be tied to ENET_RX_EN on the i.MX6, but an error during board layout lead to that connection not being made-- notice the "X" marks at each on those places on the REV_D schematic, different from all the other unbonded pins. This is one of two possible places it can route to, and despite not being brought out, it can still be forced to logic 0 via internal pull-down. I guess mapping USB_OTG_ID instead to the other target, GPIO1, which appears on an Arduino header, and setting that pad's pin-mux appropriately would allow switching between Host and target/gadget mode, but I had no use for Gadget mode and didn't want to waste a good GPIO pin on that.

Remember to short JP2 to enable bus power. The gpio changes mentioned up-thread shoudln't be necessary, since both of those are already set low at boot time.