UDOO NEO CONNECTIVITY

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by iseitani, Feb 18, 2017.

1. iseitani

iseitani New Member

Dear all,

I recently received a udoo neo board and I have the following questions/problems:

1) I flashed the GUI image and the board wasn't neither recognised by the computer nor any output to a hdmi screen.
    2) I flashed the non-GUI image, the board was recognised(rndis drivers) by the computer but I was't able to connect to the board.
    3) Could you please tell me the name of the wifi, because when I tried using the wlan0(the iw command and the ifup command) nothing happened.

The above steps were done in both Linux(Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) and Windows (W10) computers (4 computers were used), with the appropriate drivers installed.
    Thank you in advance!

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Did you see anything on HDMI screen with the udoobuntu minimal image? It should give a text login.

Do you have an Udoo with network? Because that is the most reliable connection method.

I believe there is no wifi driver active on the minimal image only on the full version.

As last but not least I would advise you to write the full image on another SD card. SD cards are number one source of failure for non booting Udoos. If possible try to read the debug port to see the boot logging. You need a serial TTL to USB device.

3. iseitani

iseitani New Member

Hello, thank you very much for your reply!
    I didn't get any message on the screen with the minimal image. Unfortunately, the network policy os too strict and currently I have only wifi. For the sd cards I used for different cards and after that in order to check if they have a problem, except the check for bad blocks of rufus, I flashed rasbian and it worked on my rpi. With both Putty and Teraterm I didn't get any message on the boot.
    Best,
    Ilias

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

5. iseitani

iseitani New Member

With the full image, I don't even see the board as an rndis driver, it doesn't appear as an unknown device or something else. I believed that the full image works only standalone as a computer.

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

It looks like your Neo is not booting correctly. It always should have output on HDMI and always connect with USB direct.

You tried all the things possible so perhaps the next step is to raise a ticket at customer support. http://www.udoo.org/customer-care/

Andrea Rovai likes this.