Udoo Quad problems with Firmata

Discussion in 'UDOO QUAD' started by vinny74, Feb 11, 2016.

1. vinny74

vinny74 UDOOer

Hello everyone,
    I am a happy owner of a "udoo Quad". Among other things, recently I started studying "Firmata" with "Python", using "PyFirmata" as well as "PyMata", and in both cases whenever I declare an "Arduino" pin as PWM I encounter a problem. I start the Python sketch and everything goes well. By the end of the sketch, by placing a serial closure command (e.g. board.close ()), the pin declared as PWM turns to the "HIGH" state, and no longer answers requests from PWM. The only way to get it working again is to unplug the power supply.

Has anyone experienced problems in this regard? Have you solved them?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
  2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Dear vinny74,
    have you checked this page?

3. vinny_74

vinny_74 New Member

Grazie per la risposta Andrea

ma la mia board è una "QUAD" e ho visto che li parla di una "NEO" non so se sia la stessa cosa, comunque ho provato, ma senza risultato utilizzando il "Protocollo Firmata" se non dichiaro il pin come PWM il comando "analogWrite" non produce effetto, però come ho scritto nell'altro post il tutto funziona benissimo fino ha che non chiudo la connessione con la board, dopo di che devo obbligatoriamente riavviarla, staccando l'alimentazione.

Prove eseguite con "PyMata", "Pyfirmata" e con "Processing" tutte con lo stesso risultato.

Thanks for the reply Andrea

but my board is a "QUAD" and saw that it speaks of a "NEO" I do not know whether it is the same thing, though I tried, but without result using the "Firmata Protocol" if you do not declare the pins as PWM command "analogWrite" produces no effect, however, as I wrote another post on everything works fine until it does not close the connection with the board, after which I must necessarily be restarted, disconnecting power.

Tests carried out with "PyMata", "Pyfirmata" and with "Processing" all with the same result.

P.S. This is an on-line translation

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

UDOObuntu 2 or UDOObuntu 1? Which version, anyway?
    P.S. sorry for my misunderstanding in the first time

5. vinny_74

vinny_74 New Member

UDOObuntu 2 rc1 and UDOObuntu 1

Continuing to make some tests I noticed that even with the sample sketch "DIMMER" I have the same problem, every time I have to use a pin PWM serial presents itself to me the problem, and if I use the sketch "FADE" the changes pin brightness without problems. But if I use the sketch "ReadASCIIString" everything works properly.

thanks

Continuando a fare delle prove ho notato che anche con lo sketch di esempio "DIMMER" ho lo stesso problema, ogni volta che devo usare un pin come PWM da seriale mi si presenta il problema, mentre se uso lo sketch "FADE" il pin cambia luminosità senza problemi. Ma se uso lo sketch "ReadASCIIString" tutto funziona correttamente.

Grazie

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  6. vinny_74

vinny_74 New Member

There is no solution for my problem?

Non c'è soluzione per il mio problema?

7. Min Raj Nepali

Min Raj Nepali New Member

I have a question and it is like:
    I am trying to explore the QUAD Core A9 processor that comes with UDOO Quad. I am trying to use each of them separately as a dedicated processor. I mean i want to run a specific process on a specific core. I have installed Ubuntu provided officially from the site UDOo_Org. when i run top command i can see four cores named cpu0, cpu1, cpu2, cpu3. I want to take control over these processors. How do i start?

8. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

This is not a real udoo question but standard Ubuntu: To restrict a process to a specific CPU, you use the command taskset.

taskset --cpu-list 1,2 my_command

forces command to run just con CPUs #1 or #2.

To learn more, type man taskset or search for "linux CPU affinity"

Andrea Rovai likes this.