udoo tablet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by henriks, Jan 31, 2014.

1. henriks

henriks New Member

who is gonna be the first to build a custom tablet with udoo dual,
    7" touchscreen and camera kit,
    just design a nice case for it and find a attachpowerful battery.
    I guess with android it should be quite easy to make it similar to a samsung galaxy tablet...

2. francescomm

francescomm Member

I have them all now: battery, screen, camera and a cardboard box. I just added wheels so I guess it ain't a tablet anymore

3. Decion

Decion New Member

Pictures! Or it didn't happen! ;)

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Yep! Pictures!!!!!! :D

5. francescomm

francescomm Member

Well..

It is not running yet, I tried to connect the motors to the 3V PWM but it'not working. The 5V is enough to power it though.. meh but when one motor is powered at full power from the Due 5V the LVDS screen blinks so it probably absorbes too much power. But the battery has one plug for the UDOO and two USB out so I can take motor power from those and connect a transistor to the PWN pin to drive it? Or just buy a motor shield...

The very funny thing is that it is connected to wifi and with a VNC server running, so while it is in the middle of my living room, on wheels, I can open windows inside it, code inside it, type, upload to the Arduino, configure or install things. Say you want your robot to talk, and it doesn't, you can open a terminal, sudo apt get install something-that-speaks *while* it might be running around.. or use the GUI to install things. Imagine you want to see the webcam (and have not made any script for it) you can open VLC in VNC (ha!) and you see it. I am not used to something like this, it's... not just the internet of things, it's.. computers as they ought to be.

Attached Files:

6. francescomm

francescomm Member

If you are wondering what it is made of, try googling for "capsela". It was my favorite toy when I was a kid (about 100 years ago), passed on to my kid, and recently stolen for the UDOO.

There is nothing quite like the Capsela for rapidly prototyping mechanical vehicles, you just snap gears together and..

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. codylynx

codylynx New Member

Capsella... i remember that from when i was a kid. Yeah, about 100 yrs ago. haha. That is really neat! Wish i still had my capsella from back in the day. Now to get my Udoo some wheels. :)