UDOO X86 bricked - life expectancy feedback

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Clément, Jul 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Clément

Clément New Member

Hello,

I purchase UDOO X86 ADVANCED PLUS and it is now dead after 3 years.

It won't boot anymore.
    The green light is on but nothing happens when I connect it to a screen. I've tried booting from a USB key or a sd card but again nothing appears on the screen, the boot doesn't seem to be accessible. No ssh available, no nothing. I opened a ticket with the support but they failed to give me a solution ("the board is gone" and so is the warranty)

Well it is always hard, with these new boards, to know the life expextancy when buying them but I was expecting more than 3 years.

Do you guys have had troubles with your board ? What life expectancy did you expect when buying the board ?

I'd like to know if I'm just not lucking of having a bad product or if it happened or will happen to others with time.

Cheers,

2. GaryC

GaryC New Member

I bought an UDOO x86 Ultra board (it is the original board BD REVH, not Udoo X86 II) back in 2017. After a lot of fiddling around I got it working with Windows 10 using M2 sata AND using the Sata connecter on the side of the board... it worked for a total of only THREE days. After that, it stopped working. I have not got it working again after all this time, spending LOTS of time. Taking out all SSD, SD cards, etc, I can not get it to get it into the BIOS screen, when I power it up and pressing the ESC key repeatedly. The screen remains blank and the status light is orange, flashing green every second or so, the monitor is blank (tried several HDMI monitors). I tried putting Linux on sd card, on SUB stick and Sata disk, disconnected battery, etc etc etc. This is so frustrating! I tried to understand if I have to upgrade the bios but I can't even get into Bios, let alone boot into any operating system! I paid $420 for this, it is 8GB model, I wasted so much time on this, it would be really good if I could get this thing to work, even though it is now 2020!

3. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Dear Gary, you should have contacted us! If the board was broken we could have just replaced it! Now, unfortunately, the warranty is expired and we can't help anymore!

4. Elochukwu Oku

Elochukwu Oku UDOOer

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

One (1) year warranty according the shop terms and conditions.