UDOONEO full USB cable connection issue

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Jason Song, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Jason Song

Jason Song New Member

Hello~
    After setting the static ip in /etc/network/interface, I can not log in the udooer@udooneo via USB cable (ssh 192.168.7.2 by putty). The USB device can be found correctly. But the ssh request always time out.
    I can not reach the linux terminal now. How to restore the eth0/usb or factory setting? Thanks!

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Couple of possible options:
    1. connect a HDMI monitor (TV) and keyboard and change the file.
    2. Connect it to your local lan with a network cable and ssh on the static IP you have given, or the IP your router has given it.
    3. Last resort: create new OS image on the SD card. All changes including the interface file will be lost. I hope you have a backup.

3. Jason Song

Jason Song New Member

Thanks, waltervl!
    It's lucky that the img did not crashed, and I restored the network interfaces via UI connecting a HDMI.
    I'm still interested why the static IP can't be ping successfully, my code is like below in /etc/network/interfaces
    Code:
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
    address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    broadcast xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    dns-search xxx.xxx.com
    dns-nameservers xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    BTW if I want to use DHCP, should I enable the syntax :
    Code:
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

For some reason (above my knowledge) it has been very difficult to set a static IP through the Neo Ethernet connection configuration. I have set it through my router which is much easier. But you need access to the network router which in professional or educational networks is not always possible.

Try searching the neo forum on the word static. It could give you some hints.