Unhappy with Udoo.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sany, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Sany

Sany New Member

Hello,

The support to the project UDOO is very bad, either no one responds or the information is just very outdated or do not work.
    - The Sources for Android is actually at Version 1.1!!
    - There is no useful information for beginners , there is an accessory that only runs on Ubuntuu ( 15 "Touch TFT)
    - There is a wiki does not really help any further .

-> It annoys me to have spent a lot of money for nothing if the support is as bad as here .

I am busy for 14 days to get more information for the SPI device , without success!
    the SPI of i.MX 6 you get not to run for UDOO , just the SPI for me was a major decision-making .

For this I have been waiting for my order to a new TFT, because that first one was defective.

The aim of the project is yet to help its users and not to bring something to the market , what you can not afford to help!

It annoys me that I have been trying for two weeks to get the SPI bus via the kernel configures , so I have the devices in / dev / spi .

Unfortunately, no income and no detailed information of how to get the SPI bus to work.

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Sany,

- About the sources for Android, you're right we'll update them asap.
    - We've done lots of tutorials for beginnners and we're creating more and more info to support the DIY noobs.
    - We're weekly changing the wiki improving it with more useful info.

About the SPI, it's a very specific protocol and right now we're focusing on different stuff and guides but we'll create a guide for SPI in the future for sure. In the meanwhile i suggest you to take a look here: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/SPI#.Ux2U4ed5NfQ

3. moorsb

moorsb New Member

4. Sany

Sany New Member

Hello,

Thank you, i am Not searching for Informations for arduino, arduino is for me Not interesting.

I search informations, to run the SPIDEV from the Kernel. The Informations about configure SPI1,2,5 are not present...

The Problem to run the SPI from the i.MX6 has Not only me here, Thats frustrated...