Upload to Arduino 101 from CLI

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by anweiss, Jun 22, 2017.

1. anweiss

anweiss New Member

I'm running Ubuntu Server 16.04 on my Udoo x86 and am trying to program the 101 from the command line. I'm following Arduino's guidance here -> https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/blob/master/build/shared/manpage.adoc ... however, running in to "Flashing is taking longer than expected. Try pressing MASTER_RESET button" issues during upload. I installed the board packages with "arduino --install-boards Intel:arc32" ... and am uploading with this command ->
    arduino --board Intel:arc32:arduino_101 --port /dev/ttyACM0 --upload MyProgram.ino ...
    but am unable to get the upload to succeed. Anyone have success with this? I've applied the 101 udev rules as well.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. x1800MODMY360x

x1800MODMY360x Member

3. anweiss

anweiss New Member

Have tried pushing the reset switch ... to no avail. I'm using Arduino 1.8.3 and have applied the udev rules per the script.

Code:
    Uploading...
    Starting download script...
    Flashing is taking longer than expected
    Try pressing MASTER_RESET button
    ERROR: Timed out waiting for Arduino 101 on /dev/ttyACM0
    An error occurred while uploading the sketch

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

5. Tom Barber

Tom Barber New Member

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  7. Tom Barber

Tom Barber New Member

Mine ended up working, for now at least, although i'm not sure how. It put itself into a reset right after boot after a currie bios tweak and the next time I powered up it started writing to it again. I'm not sure if that forced a flush or something, but its working for now.

I also thought the master reset button just restarted the arduino but I get an OS reboot, so not sure whats going on there either.

8. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

If you switched on the Curie/Braswell Power Management then you could get strange results. Also putting Pin 9 Low in a sketch could get strange result.
    I also quote the latest kickstarter update (shame they did not incorperate that in the current documentation)