Using Software Pin Mux

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jbrisbin, Nov 8, 2013.

1. jbrisbin

jbrisbin New Member

I have yet to find any indication of how to set the various pin muxes to make particular pins appear on the Arduino shield connectors. Have I missed the obvious?

For example I would like to make the i.MX6 SPDIF in and out pins active. The dark lavender color probably indicates something, but I have not found the map for this.

At the same time, I would like to have access to the TX2 RX and TX lines of the Arduino on the designated shield pins.

While I would welcome someone telling me what I need to know, I would prefer a pointer to the explanation of the specifics of the software controlled hardware mux functions so that I can figure out the next answers myself.

2. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

3. jbrisbin

jbrisbin New Member

That is exactly what I was looking for. And it was obvious.

I had overlooked that document, probably because of the 'Starting' in the title, thinking it was a 2 page Quick Start guide.

Thank you very much, Lifeboat Jim.

4. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

You're very welcome.

You would expect Pinmuxing to be an advanced topic wouldn't you (and it is), that guide is pretty comprehensive and is still version 0.3beta so some ways to go yet.

Required reading for everyone I'd say.

Please post the results of your efforts; what you did, why you did it, what results you had, difficulties along the way. All useful info that I'm sure others will get encouragement from.