Using Udoo Neo with 3 Serial/UART devices

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by AlphaBeta, Feb 6, 2016.

1. AlphaBeta

AlphaBeta New Member

Hi all,

I'd like to use Udoo Neo with 3 serial devices (managed by python scripts running on UDOObuntu). Is this possible?

For one device, I need TX+RX port (preferebly on UART6), for the remaining two devices I just need the TX port (with UART1 and maybe UART2?). I successfully tested UART1 and UART6, but when I try to activate UART2 via device tree editor, UDOO doesn't boot anymore (green lamp is on, remote connections not possible, HDMI Out is showing a black screen and a picture of Flux in the top left corner. It's reproducable with UDOObuntu 2 RC1, I didn't do any updates via apt.).

Thank you, guys.

AlphaBeta

2. Danilo Micu

Danilo Micu New Member

I got the same problem. I need UART2 to monitor M4 (a little messy approach you need a serial cable and a RS232 converter) since I also have a problem with serial monitor using USB OTG (less messy way) which is a windows CDC Serial driver. I did all procedure as the tutorial says. Looks like I will use the A9 to monitor M4 (a more messier approach). Looks like I am losing options here.

My computer is windows 8 64-bit if someone can solve the CDC Serial driver then at least I can have a way to monitor M4.

I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks to all report problems and problem solvers.

Happy Udoomaking

3. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member