Wake On Lan - does Udoo Bolt support WOL?

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Stefan, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Stefan

Stefan UDOOer

I'd like to wake up the udoo from the suspend, by sending magic packet from Mikrotik router on an connection to the Udoo. This is something I do for all machines and really worked for years.

Does WOL is officially supported on Udoo Bolt? There is no sign of it in the manual or in BIOS. RTC wakeup is obviously not enough.

Thank you.

2. Stefan

Stefan UDOOer

Bump! This is very simple question.

Does Udoo Bolt Gear support WOL or not?

3. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Not investigated into this matter (BIOS support, power supply, etc.)
    NIC is Realtek RTL8111GS.

Here is very general info:
    Realtek site has this...
    In addition to the ACPI feature, remote wake-up (including AMD Magic Packet and Microsoft Wake-Up Frame) is supported in both ACPI and APM (Advanced Power Management) environments. To support WOL from a deep power down state (e.g., D3cold, i.e., main power is off and only auxiliary exists), the auxiliary power source must be able to provide the needed power for the RTL8111G/RTL8111GS.

4. Stefan

Stefan UDOOer

Thanks, but this didn't help.

I already made sure about:
    No bios settings regarding wol
    No link on router when device sleeps in S3 (this link should be kept powered up)
    Magic packet sent to device interface does not wake up device (surely I didn't expect that without configuration in bios, but trying took only 5 minutes)

Soooo... Question to Udoo.org remains the same:

Does Udoo Bolt Gear support WOL? Is there any acpi configuration required? If so, which one?

Is there any DSDT table setting responsible for that? How this can be changed?

5. NickGR

NickGR UDOOer

After I boot into Windows and shutdown it can Wake On Lan, but when power cuts off and back on it will not. I suspect the driver enables something but there is no setting in the BIOS that can be found to enable it permanently.

6. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

7. NickGR

NickGR UDOOer

Guessing it moves to D3cold along with stopping the PCI clocks when you press shutdown. I may be wrong though.

8. Zgembo

Zgembo UDOOer

9. jbeverly876

jbeverly876 New Member

this is very informative and intersting for those who are interested in blogging field.
    using wake on lan it is possible to wake up your computer using the Unified Remote app. However, this feature is typically not enabled by default.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2021