Want: Linux-Like Access to Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by aws505, Mar 24, 2014.

1. aws505

aws505 New Member

Hey All,

I'm totally new to Android as an OS (as a developer, at least -- I use Android phones every day). I am using Android on my Udoo Quad because I really really wanted XBMC to work and have tried using the semi-official XBMC releases, never quite getting them working 100% (wifi seems broken). I have also tried compiling XBMC from scratch in Ubuntu 11.1, but couldn't get decent picture. Very frustrating.

Imagine my surprise when the XBMC Nightly Build worked RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX on Android 4.2. Now my problem is this, though: I want to be able to access my system as I would access a linux system. I want, for example, to be able to use an xbox controller to control my (small) XBMC. I've successfully done this on an rPi in the past using xboxdrv ( http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/ ), and would love to install it on my new Android system. I'll be trying to take it further later, adding emulators like zsnes and more, but would be happy to just get my controller working.

Has anyone played with this yet? I've tried some simple google-fu finding nothing relevant. I've found some info on rooting phones and sshing into them, but it seems fruitless. If I try to purchase an ssh daemon from the Google Play Store, it only lets me deliver it to my actual Android devices, not my Udoo (duh?). Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks,
    Aws

2. gfasino

gfasino New Member

Hi,
    i never tried to use xbox controller into android, but i've use an USB controller and it worked.
    Anyway if you need to use an SSH server on Android you could use that: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... emon&hl=it
    it require Root but the android image for UDOO is just rooted.