webcams on the udoo?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ThaHypnotoad, Jan 6, 2014.

1. ThaHypnotoad

ThaHypnotoad New Member

Do webcams even work on the udoo? I have attempted working with several cameras that i know are uvc compatible and they still do not work. mjpg-streamer gives this error:

Code:
    MJPG Streamer Version: svn rev: 
     i: Using V4L2 device.: /dev/video0
     i: Desired Resolution: 640 x 480
     i: Frames Per Second.: 5
     i: Format............: MJPEG
    ERROR opening V4L interface: Resource temporarily unavailable
     Init v4L2 failed !! exit fatal 
     i: init_VideoIn failed
    and cheese does this when I try to run it from command line.
    Code:
    libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
    libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate

(cheese:16818): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkImage to a GtkToggleButton, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkToggleButton can only contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkLabel

(cheese:16818): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkImage to a GtkToggleButton, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkToggleButton can only contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkLabel

(cheese:16818): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkImage to a GtkButton, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkButton can only contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkLabel

(cheese:16818): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkGrid to a GtkToggleButton, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkToggleButton can only contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkLabel

(cheese:16818): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkImage to a GtkButton, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkButton can only contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkLabel

** (cheese:16818): CRITICAL **: cheese_camera_device_get_uuid: assertion `CHEESE_IS_CAMERA_DEVICE (device)' failed

There is more but I am working off of my laptop right now. Will post the rest of the error message when I can copy paste from the udoo.

Note: I have attempted this with both debian and the newer ubuntu. Same results.
    edit: added the full error message. These are also cameras that work on my laptop that runs debian, and on my coworkers mint distro too. This is a UDOO problem.

2. ThaHypnotoad

ThaHypnotoad New Member

3. mrar

mrar New Member

Previously i try my webcam (vz-wc1688) with vlc and cheese under ubuntu 12. But no luck. Then i change to guvcview. It works....maybe you should try with another player. What your lsusb result?my error maybe because of the image format. My image format is VGA. Maybe u can refer here for more information http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/faq/