What do you think of the new Udoo Neo?

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Jinnoy, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Jinnoy

Jinnoy New Member

Hello guys,,
    Described as a 'Wireless, Credit-Card sized, Android + Linux + Arduino™, Embedded Sensors, starting from $49', the brand new Udoo seems to be a great deal.

As a newbie, I'm wanting to build my first microcumputer, and the Pi 2 seemed to me the best choice.

But since this update of the Udoo is out, featuring a wireless modules (BT 4.0 and Wifi), some nice sensors, Arduino compatibility and smoothly running KitKat, I dont know what to choose. What do you think of it? Is it a good alternative to the RasPi?

2. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

I bought it a couple of years ago, and unfortunately I regret it.
    In this field, the feature you can buy is a community and support, to save you countless hours of work when things go bad.
    As you can see, this forum, particularly for the Neo, is not much populated and responsive. There is no other support platform that I know (reddit, discord, etc.).
    And most important, the OS you will download and flash for the Neo is based on Ubuntu 14.04, which comes with many essential software and libraries outdated, some of them are would take forever to understand how to update.

So, go with the Raspberry Pi and you won't regret it ;)

3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

It is a nice thing but the arduino part is not fully compatible, see also the topics in my signature. But if you can handle the flaws, it is a nice embedded IOT device controller.

4. Jinnoy

Jinnoy New Member

Thank you my issue has been solved,...