Will Udoo x86 satisfy me?

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by MrSimple, Aug 30, 2018.

1. MrSimple

MrSimple New Member

I want to use Udoo x86 ultra as watching video, web surfing and gaming in airplane or car. Also I want to use it as university note taking (Using OneNote). I have power bank with 5V/3A.

First question is that will Udoo x86 Ultra run Dark Souls 3?

Second question is that will Udoo x86 run any Android games? (mostly 2D games and 3D games might me Dead Trigger, GTA Chinatown Wars, and Into the Dead 2)

Third question is that I found a cable on Amazon. (link: https://www.amazon.ca/StarTech-com-...=en-CA&tag=googcana-20&ref=pd_sl_48tuiuncs6_e) Will this okay for Udoo x86?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I have no idea about your first 2 gaming questions, but your suggested cable will only work if the USB is supplying 12V +/- 5%. Normally USB is 5V so this is not enough to power the Udoo X86. You will need a special power bank that can supply 12V within the tolerance range (important, most won't).

3. MrSimple

MrSimple New Member

Okay, thanks. Can I ask 1 more question?

I have AbuseMark LCD to Displayport adapter with iPad 3 screen and can I use it with udoo x86?

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

If you have a driver/firmware compatible with your OS and you use a MinDP++ to DP cable (link) it could work..... no guarantee :)

5. MrSimple

MrSimple New Member

Sorry for late reply and thanks for the reply!