Wireless Connection not working with Android

Discussion in 'UDOO QUAD' started by BillCollector, Mar 18, 2017.

1. BillCollector

BillCollector New Member

Hello,
    I am trying to get the wireless connection to work between my PC and my Android OS based Quad/Dual UDOO. I have a working USB connection between the two using ADB at both ends, as well as have the Android SDK installed per the instructions.

Following the UDOO documentation, I run the adbWirless app on the UDOO and it tells me to simply type from my computer the line "adb connect 0.0.0.0". What I get back is the following:
    "unable to connect to 0.0.0.0:5555: cannot connect to 0.0.0.0:5555: The requested address is not valid in its context. (10049)"

Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thank You,
    Stan

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Did you try and connect "adb connect <IP of Udoo>" ?
    Replace <IP of Udoo> with the IP of your wireless connection IP like 192.168.1.124 The IP address can be found on the Udoo in wifi settings or on your router.

3. BillCollector

BillCollector New Member

I do not have a router in this situation which is why the UDOO might have told me to use 0.0.0.0 as that might be similar to a wired localhost address like 127.0.0.1. If so, I suppose I would need to set up a wireless network on my PC (peer to peer).

So I did that and went to the UDOO (Android platform), went to the Wi-Fi settings thinking I would see a list of wireless networks in the area (including the one I set up on my PC) that I could connect to but all see is a screen that says "Turning Wi-Fi on..." which goes on forever.

Now I am wondering if there is something else I am suppose to do to enable wireless capability? Software setting? Jumper maybe?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,
    Stan

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

On my Android phone I can switch on tethering to use my phone as an wifi access point. Perhaps this is also possible on the Udoo Android?

6. BillCollector

BillCollector New Member

Yes, I just found that menu item in the Android platform. There is a menu item labeled "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot". Whenever I press that, it attempts to 'turn on the hotspot' and reports "error".

Another thing I tried is going to the terminal app and entering ifconfig. I notice that only the 'Lo' and 'eth0' ports were listed. I would expect to see 'wlan0' as well but do not. Should I at least see it listed even if it has not connected to a router?