x86 Ultra HDMI Issues

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Kinguin, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Kinguin

Kinguin New Member

I received my x86 ultra yesterday. I know there are issues with video not working well with certain displays. I had to use an LG TV to install Windows 10 on it, as the small TV I intend to use as the primary display would freeze up at the BIOS screen. After installing 10, I moved it back to the small TV. Once the Windows logo disappears, the screen just turns to a bunch of blue and green streaks. I was curious if I need to update the UEFI or there is another solution to getting the HDMI properly working on its intended display.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Did you exchange the cable with another one? Did you update the Intel video driver to the latest?
    The issues with not working TV screens is only known for the startup phase and UEFI display. Not when booted into a proper OS like Windows 10 or Ubuntu.
    So it looks like a driver or cable issue.

Edit: And it is always good to update the firmware first!

3. Kinguin

Kinguin New Member

I have not. I will update firmware and drivers this evening and let you know the results.

4. Kinguin

Kinguin New Member

Updated all drivers and firmware. Everything is running great. Oddly enough, on one monitor, the colors look great. On the TV I intend to use it on, there is a weird green line around everything. I'll be playing with display settings to get this fixed, but that is a minor issue.

waltervl likes this.
  5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I think that green line can be solved with settings in the TV itself.