UDOO BOLT features 2x 260-pin SO-DIMM sockets for DDR4 memory (CN2 and CN3).
- Supports 4GB, 8GB and 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMMs up to maximum 32GB.
- Supports 1.2v DDR4-2400 DIMMs ECC and non-ECC memory with dual channel architecture.
In order to exploit the Dual-Channel mode make sure that you install memory modules of the same type and density in different channel DIMM slots.
If you want to use only 1 DIMM you can install it into either DIMM slot CN2 or slot CN3. If you want to use 2 DIMMs you can install it into both the DIMM slots CN2 and CN3.
Please only install DDR4 DIMMs on UDOO BOLT. Only DDR4 are compatibles with UDOO BOLT, as there are physical differences between DDR3 and DDR4 memory modules. Check that all the notches line up with the DDR4 DIMM slot to ensure you have the correct DIMM.
Follow these steps to install the DIMM:
- Pull both clips on either side of the slot outwards. Align the DIMM module with the slot.
- Press the module straight down until the plastic clips tick and close. Ensure that the module fits tightly into the DIMM slot. Push the clips inwards to check.
DIMM removal from a socket: gently spread the socket’s retention arms to disengage them from the DIMM.
Heads up! Do not touch the DIMM contact edge to avoid damaging it.
Validated DIMM modules
Here you can find the DIMM modules validated and tested with the UDOO BOLT, part of the family product Trascend DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM
- Trascend TS512MSH64V4H (RAM SO-DIMM Module 4GB (512Mx8 - 1Rx8) DDR4 1.2V PC4-2400 non-ECC - Lead Free)
- Trascend TS1GSH64V4B (RAM SO-DIMM Module 8GB (1024Mx8 - 1Rx8) DDR4 1.2V PC4-2400 non-ECC CL=17 - Lead Free)
- Trascend TS2GSH64V4B (RAM SO-DIMM Module 16GB (1024Mx8 - 2Rx8) DDR4 1.2V PC4-2400 non-ECC CL=17 - Lead Free)
You will be able to buy these modules in the UDOO shop as accessories.
Please always use DIMM modules with the same technical specification.