adafruit DHT22 library

Discussion in 'Android' started by dimes23, Aug 3, 2015.

1. dimes23

dimes23 New Member

Hello! I want to read humidity and temperature from an DHT22 sensor.
    I want to do this from Android, so I can access the sensor from my app. This will be an embedded android device that reads temperature and humidity.

How can I do this? Is there any way to load the adafruit library in android?

Thank you very much.
    Bye!

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there dimes23,
    the standard way is to do this through Arduino and to create an app that communicates with the Arduino side by following tutorials like Hello-ADK.
    Tell us if you manage to!

3. dimes23

dimes23 New Member

Hello, and thanks for your answer!

I'm trying to do something that doesn't involve an external PC at all. Something like http://www.udoo.org/tutorial/android-arduino-udoo-simple-hello-world-tutorial/.
    My idea is to use and UDOO Quad as an android embedded device, with some sensors (humidity sensor, light sensor, etc). Some of them can be accessed by a digitalRead() or analogRead(), but, sensors like DHT22 need an arduino library and call functions of those libraries to get the readings.
    So, the UDOO Quad will call the android app, and this app will retrieve the sensors data from the arduino processor.
    I know that is possible without libraries, but I really need them (DHT22 and Arduino-JSON mostly).

Bye!!

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

You need to retrieve sensor's data from the Arduino sketch, that will communicate with the Android app. So, Arduino libraries will be necessary to the sketch. I don't get your problem.