Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delba, May 8, 2013.

1. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Dear Mekanagadde,
    you're welcome in the forum!

2. batman_rising

batman_rising New Member

Hi guys, I am Batman ;)

I have done my diploma and bachelors in Electronics and Communication engineering. Currently studying masters of electrical engineering in Concordia University, Montreal.

I am an entry level programmer. I have made my academic projects with 8051, Atmega16 controllers.

I came to know about UDOO just 3 days back, when I saw promotional advertise of it on Facebook. This thing is fascinating, I would love to learn this thing and want to improve my programming skills as well as knowledge in this field.

Guys, I need your guidance, If I buy this board (X86), am i able to use it as arduino board ? I have no prior experience of Linux, buy I would like to learn it. How should I start ? Pretend that I am blank slate on which you can write anything. I want to improve my knowledge in this area. Just let me know how to start thing ? and what should I have to do ?

Thanks again.

Peace :)

3. Andrea Rovai

Dear batman,
    happy that you got interested in the board!
    I'll answer your question immediately:
    a) yes, you'll be able to use UDOO X86 as an Arduino 101.
    b) you don't need to know Linux to use UDOO X86. The board also runs Android and Windows.
    c) If you want to start with Linux you have the whole Internet at your service. Just go on Google and search for introductive material for Linux. And the cool thing is that this material is free.
    Some useful link:
    https://class.coursera.org/startup-001/lecture/105
    https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-the-command-line
    https://training.linuxfoundation.org/free-linux-training
    Honestly anyway the best way to learn is not by watching some of these videos. You need first to get interested. My suggestion is: decide what project you want to do, what would satisfy you, and then try to build it by following the guide. If you understand, by reading the guide, that you miss some important piece, then just go study it. In other words, learning by doing is better (at least IMHO).
    Overall, keep us updated!

4. jaishree

jaishree New Member

Hello everyone, My name is Jaishree and i am a freelancer. I am a newbie here and found this forum really awesome. cheers.

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  5. Berk

Berk New Member

Hello everyone,
    My name is Berk and I am a student at Electric&Electronics Department in Univercity,Turkey. I guess, I saw that UDOO at KickStarter. It's a really brilliant technology. So, I want to learn about how to using UDOO and prepare a final project for this year. Nice to meet you. Have a good night :)

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  6. will

will New Member

Hello everyone, My name is Will and i am a freelancer. I like very much diy, robots, python and im looking for something to raspberry but faster and better supported for android.

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  7. Andrea Rovai

8. sukk741

sukk741 New Member

I was in the United States I love the fact Pennsylvainia arduinos microcontroller and other things I love to do with electronics. I can not wait to open an Kickstarter.

9. sukk741

sukk741 New Member

Hi, I am looking forward to seeing this product. Warren has used for many years and arduinos I actually discovered this site Kickstart. keep up the good work.

10. dormen

dormen New Member

Hello everyone, I'm Danny, I was Asian. Live in Thailand I'm very, very pleased. Who have joined this forum

11. sukk741

sukk741 New Member

Hey people! I come from Ventura County, CA, I will graduate from high school next week and plan to get a degree in a science related to computers in college, I bought a board UDOO because I already have the Raspberry Pi and Arduino, but I do. the Committee would like to be more effective for what I do in the Arduino is just a bonus! Can not wait to get mine!

12. Andrea Rovai

13. azzuwan

azzuwan New Member

Hey guys! Shoutout from Malaysia! I'm mostly a web and desktop application developer. However I'm gradually getting more and more involved in machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing for the past couple of years. There are big things I want to do with UDOO boards like autonomous rover and drones for agricultural application. Can't wait to share and learn with everyone here :D

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  14. Andrea Rovai

Welcome in the community @azzuwan!!

15. Andrea Rovai

Hi
    @dormen, welcome in the forum! Sorry that I forgot to welcome, I didn't notice your post :)

16. TallTim36

TallTim36 New Member

Tim from Hamilton Ontario Canada

17. Andrea Rovai

18. brunoital

brunoital New Member

I'm in the USA, Pennsylvainia actually. I love arduinos and other microcontrollers. I love making things with electronics. cant wait for the store to open, I missed the kickstarter.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  19. Laura

Laura UDOOer

20. Andrea Rovai