LVDS pinout

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by G3or6311, Feb 23, 2017.

1. G3or6311

G3or6311 New Member

Hi,
    New to the forum. Our company is looking at using the UDOO neo extended as an initial development board for a new android based project.

We've got an LVDS display from another project and are looking to use it for development purposes. Is the UDOO neo LVDS pinout and connector part numbers available anywhere?
    Thanks in advance,
    George

2. Laura

Laura UDOOer

3. G3or6311

G3or6311 New Member

Fantastic, exactly what I was after. Thank you for the quick response.

4. SirPeter

SirPeter New Member

Hi!

Do you happen to have the connector type and pinout of the 7 inch LCD offered for UDOO Neo? I would like to use the LVDS cable from the shop on my Neo but connect a different display to it.

Best regards,
    Peter

5. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

My best guess after looking at the LCD connector, the type of mating connector would be a JST 2.0mm 24 pin (2x12 pin) similar to B24B-PHDSS-B . You will also need to make some software changes to support your display, see my post in this thread.

Laura likes this.
  6. SirPeter

SirPeter New Member

Thanks for the quick answer!

Is there more documentation about the LVDS to parallel RGB deserializer (TI DS90CF364) on the 7 inch display? I would like to know to which output RXOUT[20:0] the control signals have to be mapped (e.g. VSYNC, HSYNC). I only have the generic description in the DS90CF364's data sheet (figure 5: grayscale test pattern). Does the UDOO 7 inch display use the same mapping?

Best regards,
    Peter