Missing memory configuration menu

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Mgcmshr, Dec 19, 2023.

1. Mgcmshr

Mgcmshr New Member

Hello,

I updated the BIOS recently to be sure that my Bolt is running the latest Firmware and i can follow the documentation. The documentation Shows at 4.4.2.1 an option to Set the memory clock. I would Love to Force it to 2400 MHz because my used RAM has this clock.

Unfortunately this configuration is Missing in the latest BIOS Version (v 1.08).

Is this only available in specific cases?

Also could you provide more Information about the Options in overclocking menu from 4.3.1.2.1.1.1 submenu or provide resources for this kind of BIOS?

2. Mgcmshr

Mgcmshr New Member

upload_2023-12-19_17-59-30.png

Here's my hardware specs, if you need this information.
    My OS is Win 11.

3. NickGR

NickGR UDOOer

Your memory, DDR 2400, is already at max speed of 1200MHz, DDR 4800 would be clocked at 2400MHz.
    DDR means Double Data Rate, 1200MHz double data rate would make it 2400 (MT/s).

4. Mgcmshr

Mgcmshr New Member

Thanks for your reply. I actually found that out too after posting the thread :D But still it's confusing, that the BIOS option is missing. I'm still curious about that.

5. NickGR

NickGR UDOOer

Are you sure it is missing? I can find the memory timing menu in BIOS -> Advanced-> AMD CBS -> UMC Common Options -> DDR4 Common Options -> DRAM Timing Configuration -> Warning to accept scroll down as the I accept and I declined are below the visible portion, and there you will find more options than you would be comfortable with, I am sure.