OpenEmbedded/Yocto for UDOO Boards

Discussion in 'Yocto' started by graugans, Nov 7, 2015.

1. graugans

graugans Administrator Staff Member

I can confirm this. Looks like an update in Yocto's openssl lib broke compatibility.

2. modjo

modjo Active Member

I let a message on meta-freescale about this and i had this answer :

but after apply it same problem, perhaps i didn't apply it correctly !

edit :

patch work, need to do this before rerun bb :

Code:
    bitbake -c cleansstate python-m2crypto-native
    (i have just make -c cleansstate crda before), thanks to Peter Bergin on meta Freescale ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  3. graugans

@modjo could you please be so kind and create an github issue on the openssl stuff? I will add a workaround later. This workaround will be removed when the patch is merged in meta-python

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  4. graugans

@modjo I added a new issue on github and pushed a workaround. This workaround needs to be removed when fixed upstream.

5. modjo

modjo Active Member

@graugans , i apologize to did not open an issue about m2crypto i was busy on touch screen issue ... About this, after some tests it figure that we didn't need tslib to use the touch with Qt (i wrote some detail on git ). For people who are interested, in Qt you need to go on project tab --> go to your neo kit --> execute --> environment system (sorry it's in french on the picture :D)

add QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS=/dev/input/event1:inverty (event0 on quad)

[​IMG]

QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT=91
    QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH=152
    are the dimensions of the 7 inch screen in millimeters (optional but better to add it !)
    If you will launch the app that you have downloaded from qt (another day ...) since the card directly (ssh for example) you need to export this :

Code:
    export QT_QPA_EVDEV_TOUCHSCREEN_PARAMETERS=/dev/input/event1:inverty
    to can use the touch !

Otherwise, i made a little video that show 2 qt app on neo (with yocto 2 and qt5.5.1). The first cinematic experience is an example build with yocto (you can find it in /usr/share/cinematicexperience-1.0) to launch it : ./Qt5_CinematicExperience. The second example is build from my host machine with the sdk generate with yocto. It show the qtquickcontrol (extra).
    neo video

(the embedded media not work ...)

You can see on cinematic example that we have 50 fps --> very good perf for a single core !

Next step with Qt : get sensors data (gyro ...) then send it on network (tcp or udp) ...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Andrea Rovai, graugans and JonathanC like this.
  6. montyp

montyp New Member

Hello - thanks for you work on this instructions.

I am having some issue. There seem to be a python build error with python-m2crypto. After getting error I found I was able to build when I changed the target to "core-image-minimal", but "udoo-image-full-cmdline" gives the results below. I think it might be something with "https://www.mail-archive.com/openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org/msg46794.html" or I might have done something stupid and broke this :)

output from "build":
    ERROR: python setup.py build execution failed.
    ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/dell/bin/udoo-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/python-m2crypto-native/0.21.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.12699)
    ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/dell/bin/udoo-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/python-m2crypto-native/0.21.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.12699
    ERROR: Task 4206 (virtual:native:/home/dell/bin/udoo-community-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python/python-m2crypto_0.21.1.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
    NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2630 tasks of which 2629 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
    No currently running tasks (2629 of 4573)

Output from log:

DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
    running build
    running build_py
    running build_ext
    building 'M2Crypto.__m2crypto' extension
    swigging SWIG/_m2crypto.i to SWIG/_m2crypto_wrap.c
    swig -python -I/home/dell/bin/udoo-community-bsp/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include/python2.7 -I/home/dell/bin/udoo-community-bsp/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include -includeall -modern -builtin -outdir build/lib.linux-i686-2.7/M2Crypto -o SWIG/_m2crypto_wrap.c SWIG/_m2crypto.i
    swig error : Unrecognized option OPENSSL_NO_SSL2
    Use 'swig -help' for available options.
    error: command 'swig' failed with exit status 1
    WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
    ERROR: python setup.py build execution failed.
    ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/dell/bin/udoo-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/python-m2crypto-native/0.21.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.12699)

7. graugans

Hi, could you please share the build header, after parsing the recipes, and the type of machine you are building for? You can add your findings here or at the github issue The problem is, the security update in the poky repository broke some compatibility in meta-openembeddded. There is some work upstream needed.

8. montyp

montyp New Member

Sorry, I'm not sure which file is the "build header". The Yocto reference manual makes some comments about "build-id.txt" which I can not find.

I am building on VMware created from Ubuntu-14.04.3-desktop-i386.iso. This VM was created and only used for this build. Build fails before and after update and upgrade.

Is there way to reference an older version of Open Embedded? This sounds like it was working in a previous version.

Thanks!

9. graugans

When you start a build there is a banner. This banner contains some information about the machine you are building for. This is what I call build header.

Gesendet von meinem FP2 mit Tapatalk

10. montyp

montyp New Member

Ok thanks - I see this now:

Build Configuration:
    BB_VERSION = "1.28.0"
    BUILD_SYS = "i686-linux"
    NATIVELSBSTRING = "Ubuntu-14.04"
    TARGET_SYS = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
    MACHINE = "udooneo"
    DISTRO = "poky"
    DISTRO_VERSION = "2.0.1"
    TUNE_FEATURES = "arm armv7a vfp thumb neon callconvention-hard cortexa9"
    TARGET_FPU = "vfp-neon"
    meta
    meta-yocto = "HEAD:3b223f75eec1738fbc913858e8e11c8305e3edcb"
    meta-oe
    meta-multimedia
    meta-python
    meta-networking = "HEAD:dc5634968b270dde250690609f0015f881db81f2"
    meta-fsl-arm = "HEAD:aa2a6cee58743ca9f437ce3d552504d32519c8f1"
    meta-fsl-arm-extra = "HEAD:fd63d86b5a04e9d0e700a47c8d5c56c04e6a0d52"
    meta-udoo = "HEAD:26e726971577fe9a27addba07e5215b42b6207a8"
    meta-fsl-demos = "HEAD:8bffde8d803dd2362fbded79781ce084d723b048"

NOTE: Preparing RunQueue
    NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
    NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks

graugans likes this.
  11. graugans

I've just pushed an update you can try to run
    Code:
    repo sync
    And rebuild the image

montyp likes this.
  12. Ayeed Shaikh

Ayeed Shaikh Member

I am unable to connect to lvds at the time of boot yocto image core-image-sato-udooneo-20151214190930.rootfs.sdcard in udoo neo. Can anyone provide me with an yocto image with qt5 support that can directly boot with lvds.

13. montyp

montyp New Member

Graugans - It is now building. Thanks for your work!

graugans likes this.
  14. graugans

The image you are using is pretty old :). Anyway, what type of display you are using the LVDS7" or the 15" variant. I can build a image for you but at the moment I am not able to test the image. What are you planning to do with the image?

15. Ayeed Shaikh

Ayeed Shaikh Member

Thank you for your valuable response, I am using udoo neo and lvds7 i can test the image that is not a problem for me but i want all the sensor (accelerometer gyroscope magnetometer temperature bluetooth and wifi) since i will use these image for building vehicle dashboard using qt5 kindly help me with the image. These is for my college project. Please do guide me.

16. graugans

Okay, so it is maybe worth to use eglfs build instead of x11. I hope you do not need CAN + M4. I'll collect all the links and post it here.

Gesendet von meinem FP2 mit Tapatalk

17. Ayeed Shaikh

Ayeed Shaikh Member

What is the eglfs build will it contain ui? I need CAN+M4 to connect enginee RPM reading to udoo neo. Please provide me a way or tutorial to build the image or at least provide me basic image so that i can start with my project I do no much about yocto.

18. graugans

The best way to get started is the meta-udoo wiki for Qt5 related builds you'll find a lot information in the first post in this thread or again in the wiki The accelerated framebuffer (EGLFS) is recommended because there is no X11 bloat. And of course you'll have GUI support in it. For Qt5 related question @modjo is the one to ask. So when you plan to use CAN + M4 the master branch is recommended. instead of jethro.

Information related to the LVDS 7" screen is located here

A lot background information on current CAN status can be found in
    @modjo's thread

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Ayeed Shaikh likes this.
  19. Ayeed Shaikh

Ayeed Shaikh Member

Thank you. Can you provide me link of master branch so that i can try it building for CAN+M4.

20. graugans

just follow the instructions here and exchange jethro with master:

Code:
    $ mkdir udoo-community-bsp
    $ cd udoo-community-bsp
    $ repo init -u https://github.com/graugans/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b master
    $ repo sync