porting from arduino nano to udoo

Discussion in 'UDOO 101' started by ishu, Mar 2, 2016.

1. ishu

ishu New Member

I am working with arduino nano, I would like to move to Udoo.Is it compatible?If not what are the changes that are to be made with respect to the code and hardware

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi @ishu,
    and welcome to the community! There's the same difference you find in moving from Arduino Nano to Arduino DUE, that is
    • different pinout layout (thus, Arduino Nano shields are not compatible with UDOO Dual/Quad)
    Moreover, beware that UDOO is 3.3V compliant, not 5V compliant as Arduino microcontrollers.
    If I were in your shoes before moving I'd check how the interface is on Nano (I'm talking about SPI, CAN and so on) and how it is on the UDOO board you prefer.
    Finally, beware also that not any Arduino library is ported on UDOO Dual/Quad. If you want to use a specific library that is usable on Arduino Nano and that is necessary for your project, I'd check first if it is ported on UDOO Dual/Quad, otherwise you may discover in a second time that a bit of hard work you didn't consider in the first place is required to fulfil your aim.