UCASE - UDOO Sheet metal case

Discussion in 'Cases' started by kindiss, Apr 1, 2014.

1. elchiefo

elchiefo New Member

Great looking case, just what I was looking for. Just contributed for an early bird full-kit. Looking forward to receiving it in July, unless you are able to ship your already manufactured ones? :) thanks again

2. kindiss

kindiss Member

Thank you. I will start manufacturing processes next week, so i think early birds will be shipped up to end of this month.

3. reiki

reiki New Member

Great. Wonderful :)

4. elchiefo

elchiefo New Member

Cool sooner than expected. I had a question for you though, I just realized that you weren't located in the States and you are charging for shipping, one for the EU and the other for outside the EU. I didn't select a shipping option during the initial contribution so I have to add a second one for the shipping. So for shipping to the US, select the OUTSIDE OF EU option correct?

5. kindiss

kindiss Member

Sad but yes correct.

I want remind you that you can save money for shipping if you order one two, or three cases to same address ( one to you and two for your friends :D), because up to 2 kg same shipping price. Full kit weight ~0.6 kg.

6. elchiefo

elchiefo New Member

Ok, thank you. Done, I added the $18 shipping fee to the project.

7. maurizio

maurizio Administrator

Great job kindiss! Tomorrow we will publish a post to promote your campaign on Indiegogo! :)

8. allwet

allwet New Member

Yesterday I received my two UDOO cases. Thanks for the great job. I mounted solid state SATA drives in them in the drive subcase. No problems for cable routing. The only problem I have so far is finding a solution to replace my 2xAA cell battery holder with something smaller for the 3v Real Time Clock backup battery hookup. Any suggestions as to smaller batteries that could mount somewhere in the case enclosure? I'm using the battery holder that came in the accessory cable pack from the UDOO store. My first thought is to dig up a dual coin cell holder, then I would need to chase down a connector for the cable.

9. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

10. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

The case I ordered arrived today. I must say I am very impressed by the quality - very well done.

11. flighhyer

flighhyer New Member

Mine arrived yesterday, I totally agree - it's is rock solid and awesome...maybe it is possible to distribute these things through the official UDOO store? I feel like if you're not building your UDOO into something this case is definitely worthy of housing it :D

12. weemo

weemo Member

has the matte shipped already?

13. dudesinmexico

dudesinmexico New Member

How can I order this case?

14. pgheude

pgheude New Member

Today I received my U-Case and it is truly a thing of precision and beauty.

I could not help myself and was compelled to install the UDOO and SATA drive in the U-Case several minutes after unboxing it. There is however a small oversight. The metal case is unfortunately an effective RF shield and an external antenna is therefore required. A 50 ohm through chassis SMA connector and antenna mounted on the lid of U-Case cabled to the Wi-Fi module will fix this along with a much needed improvement in the Wi-Fi performance. see Wi-Fi module documentation http://pdt.static.globalsources.com.cn/ ... 977289.pdf

The 2 x AAA RTC cells are too large to fit inside the case and a 3 volt lithium CR2032 button cell in an insulated plastic holder affixed internally may be more practical.

Thank you Mindaugas Palubinskas for making the U-Case available to us.

15. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

My wifi seems to work without any issues without any need for an external antenna.

16. w3bd3vil

w3bd3vil New Member

Is it too late to get one of these fantastic cases? I missed the indiegogo :(

17. kindiss

kindiss Member

Hello all,

Glad to know that you like it :) In near future i will star make ucase improvements to make case ideal for all your needs, like fit battery inside or solve WiFi issue.
    Currently I'm not selling UCASES because I have huge delay from fan supplier. But soon it will be available.

Regards,
    Mindaugas

18. mmeinert

mmeinert Member

Keep us in touch, I'd like one too :)

19. ssokol

ssokol New Member

The case looks great! Please post when you're ready to take more orders.

20. FarmerJon

FarmerJon New Member

I would love to get one of these cases when you start selling them again!